Camping at The Hospital

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You've come a long way Bill just since I was there last week. Keep up the good work. Looks like you'll be ready within the next week. 

Fantastic!  So glad you're taking pictures for us!

ArdraF

HueyPilotVN said:
I posted the infamous picture of Rene's "Good Side" in two posts already.
If I post it again I am not sure that
I could handle the payback.

Max, I'm game. 
It can be seen here but make sure you don't share it with anyone else on the forum:
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,93178.msg842376.html#msg842376

Bill, the only reason I'm sharing this is I'm sure you would have caved eventually, like probably in a few minutes.  :eek: ::) :'(

Rene, thanks for sharing.  There sure was a lot of hoopla about that picture.  The first thing I noticed was tan legs.  We won't see tan legs in Minnesota for another few months. 

MN Blue Skies said:
Rene, thanks for sharing.  There sure was a lot of hoopla about that picture.  The first thing I noticed was tan legs.  We won't see tan legs in Minnesota for another few months.

Ya I know. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.  ;D :D ;) ???

Today's Update:

The floors in the 1st Unit are mostly finished.

The floors in the 2nd Unit will be done tomorrow.

The waiting room is mostly finished.

Still to be completed are all the stainless covers for the wiring and medical gas lines, the finish work, the patient curtains, and all the equipment.

Here are some pictures from today.

Sorry, no pictures of Rene.

Attachments

• rIMG_0041.jpg
    rIMG_0041.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 51
  • rIMG_0043.jpg
    rIMG_0043.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 46
  • rIMG_0044.jpg
    rIMG_0044.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 44
  • rIMG_0053.jpg
    rIMG_0053.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 42
  • rIMG_0055.jpg
    rIMG_0055.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 43
  • rIMG_0058.jpg
    rIMG_0058.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 52
HueyPilotVN said:
It really is not that long.  It just kind of adds up when you put it together.  The DP is 40 feet, the Stacker it 34 feet and the Trailer toad axle is 3 feet.  The total is 77 feet long.

I have never been stopped for any reason.  I do not speed or do anything to draw attention to myself.  I also never pull into weigh stations, but most of us do not either.

There were three of us with stackers of about the same length parked at Q.  The consensus was that we do not get hassled as long as we do not do anything to warrant it.

Most likely if we do ever get stopped it will be by DOT instead of regular law enforcement and even then it would probably be at a weigh station or checkpoint.

So does what you call trailer toad axle, basically act as a dolly to support the front weight of the trailer to take it off the DP?
Many years ago, back in the early 1950s we had an old 1940s travel trailer which had Masonite walls and was quite heavy. I don't remember the brand anymore, but it was about 20 + feet in length and had a door on the right side about 1/3 the way back and another door on the left side in the back bedroom area.
Well my dad had rented it out to someone for the summer and we had to haul it from Corning, CA to the North Shore area of Lake Tahoe. Probably around 200 to 250 miles and we towed it with a 1949 GMC 1/2 ton pickup. From Corning to Sacramento on highway 99W and then up old Highway 40 ( Before Interstate 80 was built).
Well we had a dolly to do the same job, to remove weight from that 1/2 ton pickup, that dolly had about 8" wheels. All I can remember besides going very slow up hill, it took a long time to get to the destination, good thing that old pickup had a four speed tranny and a granny low gear.
I would sure hate to do that again.

Yes the trailer toad basically turns a regular trailer into a farm wagon type trailer and takes the weight of the tongue off the tow vehicle.

Here is a thread that discusses it in detail.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,88123.msg796110.html#msg796110

I don't sell them I just use one.

Okay, Bill.  I am suitably impressed.  What a neat thing to do to solve a serious problem!

ArdraF

Hey Ardra,  I am a gadget guy, and a project guy, and a tinkerer, with sometimes too much time on my hands.

By the way, Just before Rene came by last week I went to Walmart.  I saw the hair cutting shop and thought I might get a trim.  I know first mistake.  The young lady cutting my hair asked me if they used a #2 or a #3 attachment to cut my hair.  I thought she meant for the sides.  I said a #2 and leaned back and relaxed.  I knew that when I felt the clippers make a pass all the way across my scalp  that I was in trouble.  Did not even open my eyes till she was done.

Rene's hair in his picture makes him look like one of the Beatles from the 60s compared to mine.

No pictures exist.

It will grow out....eventually...I hope.

Update:

Williamsburg County, South Carolina again has a open Emergency Department......

We passed the License and Certification inspection this afternoon and were immeadiately cleared to see patients.

I have lots of pictures and will probably take a few posts to show them all.

Attachments

• rIMG_0179.jpg
    rIMG_0179.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 54
  • rIMG_0144.jpg
    rIMG_0144.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 47
  • rIMG_0136.jpg
    rIMG_0136.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 43
  • rIMG_0138.jpg
    rIMG_0138.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 40
  • rIMG_0139.jpg
    rIMG_0139.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 41
  • rIMG_0143.jpg
    rIMG_0143.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 39
  • rIMG_0157.jpg
    rIMG_0157.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 44
  • rIMG_0160.jpg
    rIMG_0160.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 49
Here is a link to some Drone views and video.

If this link violates any Forum rules feel free to delete it.

My motorhome and stacker are in the upper left corner of the second video.  You can see my RV site at the hospital

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5wh5sbxk4cphh5m/AAD02BNA726UFBakHj_VbSria?dl=0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom