Camping chairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have owned many different outdoor chairs over the years but like the ones from Strongback the best of all.

Kirk, that link goes to a brewery.
I have no idea how that happened, but for some reason I am unable to edit the post to correct the link. I was able to edit the link in my quote, but it should have gone to STRONGBACK online.

We have so many chairs I can't keep track of them. We once had a folding loveseat. Essentially a double folding canvas chair. It takes up too much storage and weighs a ton.

I need a source good quality armless folding chairs. I have one left and it's starting to get a little rickety.

Last edited:
Folding Coleman with side tray. It wins hands down for my body. Sturdy, stable, BIG. It has horizontal stabilizing bars at the bottom so you don't sink into the sand if your're on the beach. The side tray comes in super handy if you happen to be doing anything. For me that means tying up different fishing lures, having coffee, using the phone as a stereo...so many things. The chair also comes wrapped with a light foam covered in canvas on the arm rests. The seat and back don't droop but stay level and firm. I know when my fishing bell is ringing I can launch out of my chair and to my rod like was leaving the space center, We've all had those nightmare chairs the fold up and slide into a canvas carrier. Pretty handy for about 45 minutes. Then you realize your back hurts, your butt hurts and you can't get out because you've sunk a foot into the "HOLE". I had a dozen of those things, they moved to Goodwill.

We have had a pair of Kijaro Duo Lock chairs for a couple of years. They are sturdy, well made, and comfortable. Best of all for us old guys are the arms are strong enough that you can push yourself up on them when you try to stand up. They fold up pretty small and fit in a bag. We originally saw them at Cabela's but didn't like the colors they had. I got on the Kijaro website and was able to find a color that we liked and bought then direct from Kijaro. They were actually cheaper than Cabela's. I think they were around $40.00 each.

I bought three Vango Del Mar chairs for £20 each a couple of years ago from here. They fold up small and have quite a high back. Very comfy for lounging.
I have a couple of Lafurma RSX reclining chairs that have been hardly used that you could have for £70 for the pair if you are near Cumbria.

We have so many chairs I can't keep track of them. We once had a folding loveseat. Essentially a double folding canvas chair. It takes up too much storage and weighs a ton.

I need a source good quality armless folding chairs. I have one left and it's starting to get a little rickety.
I had 2 last winter, until a young family of 5 camping next to us asked if they could borrow them one evening. I sold them both to the family for $5 ea.
I think I still have 4 in the garage, but shipping to CA would not be worth the frieght.

I can't believe that you all think $100+ for a single camp chair, let alone for a pair, is a "decent" price!! Granted, I think some of those chairs look sturdy and comfortable, but some still don't. I may have to think about those zero gravity chairs, though they don't look like they compact very well or pack up very small.

Got a couple like this at Tractor Supply, love them.

View attachment 150662
Oops, wrong quoted reply;

ABQ, we have 4 of those so-called anti-gravity chairs, 2 older ones that were not comfortable,and 2 new ones DW bought from QVC that are very comfortable and relaxing. None of them are easy to store in the MH and require a lot of space; for that reason I store them in the pickup camper shell when traveling. (tow pickup behind MH).
This is the new chairs from QVC:
1671599372653.png

Last edited:
I know these are pricey, and hard to lug around, but these are the absolutely most comfortable chairs we’ve ever had. We paid $70.00 each for them in Costa Rica 15 years ago, and had them shipped to Canada for another $70.00 each, but well worth it. Extremely well built and will outlast us…….

Attachments

• 13DC0817-7EBF-4A4A-AE8F-E196CC4529A6.jpeg
    13DC0817-7EBF-4A4A-AE8F-E196CC4529A6.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 5
Oops, wrong quoted reply;

ABQ, we have 4 of those so-called anti-gravity chairs, 2 older ones that were not comfortable,and 2 new ones DW bought from QVC that are very comfortable and relaxing. None of them are easy to store in the MH and require a lot of space; for that reason I store them in the pickup camper shell when traveling. (tow pickup behind MH).
This is the new chairs from QVC:
View attachment 160220
Maybe I'm just too much of a Cheapskate, but I can't see spending $100 per chair for outdoor furniture, especially if it does not pack small and easily.

I'm not sure exactly what we have, just normal folding chairs we purchased from Camping World. They were OK, except for the bar our feet rest on. Didn't like that. We found an easy solution. I cut some swimming pool noodles to length and then sliced them long way and simply slid them over that bar. Now our ankles have padding. Works great. Love our chairs now.

We've been married for over 37 years now and we've been camping for over 37 years. We've been through many rounds of chairs over those years. After a while, there really is no difference it seems. Wider chairs are more comfortable. And we purchased a double seater (love seat) and use separate foot rests. This way our doggies can sit with us easier.

Back
Top Bottom