Camping near Phoenix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarsMac

We are going to be heading to Phoenix to attend Andre Rieu's concert in March.
Plan to camp near town for a couple of days.
Anyone here know of a good RV park close to Phoenix?

Also, recommendations for RV Parks off I-40 between Albuquerque and Phoenix.

Last edited:
We stayed at RV Park in 2018. Enjoyed the park and would stay there again. Pool and hot tub were only available for a few hours each day

Rancho Sonora was the only place we could find that would let rigs over 10 years old in. Hopefully things have changed in the last 4 years.

I did have reservations at another park where I had submitted pictures of our rig and were approved. When we arrived, we were turned away because of the age of our rig.

We stayed at RV Park in 2018. Enjoyed the park and would stay there again. Pool and hot tub were only available for a few hours each day

Rancho Sonora was the only place we could find that would let rigs over 10 years old in. Hopefully things have changed in the last 4 years.

I did have reservations at another park where I had submitted pictures of our rig and were approved. When we arrived, we were turned away because of the age of our rig.
That bites. We have a 20 year old Class C (Well, 21, now) I would not wish to be turned out for that. Especially after arriving.

The problem you may have is that spring training is also in progress and fans take lots of sites near Phoenix.
CAsa Grande south of Phoenix has many parks as does Eloy. I can recommend Fiesta Grande in Casa Grande and Rob and Deryl can advise you on one of the parks in the Eloy area. About an hour south of Phoenix

"Phoenix" is a big area geographically. What arena is the concert being held?

If the arena is on the west side, you don't want to camp on the east side. That could be a two hour drive at certain times of the day.

We are at High Chaparral. Its address is Casa Grande but if you trip you could land in Arizona City. We like the park & the people.
It is 60 minutes (without traffic) from Phoenix Sky Harbor airport.

We have stayed at Cotton Lane RV Park, 17506 W Van Buren St, Goodyear, AZ 85338 which is about a 30 minute drive, mostly on I-10 to the Footprint Center.

"Phoenix" is a big area geographically. What arena is the concert being held?

If the arena is on the west side, you don't want to camp on the east side. That could be a two hour drive at certain times of the day.
The show is at the Footprint Center, which appears to be just on the west side of the Chase Center Stadium.

The few times I have been to Phoenix area for work I was over on the East side near Tempe and Mesa.

We have stayed at Deserts Edge RV Park, right on I-17 and the 101, but you would have to see if they allow your age of rig in? The park was clean and sites were level. Being right at that two main highway intersection made it easy to travel around the Phoenix area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom