Camping World Meridian, Idaho

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to the forum.

This (and other RV related fora) has plenty of entries from disgruntled customers of Camping World in general, if not of that specific location.

Care to share some more information about the issue you experienced?

In our experience, Camping World is the best place to go -->> when Walmart has run out of RV toilet paper.

(And, yes, we know that nearly ALL brands of toilet paper are RV safe. Just put a few sheets in a jar of water, wait a few minutes and then shake - it'll dissolve. But, that wasn't the point of my snarky "Camping World" remark...)

@mr-dis-a-pointed, what type of problems are you having? No return of deposit, false representation, erroneous charges, contract default?

We just sold our camper to a different CW and had a pretty much perfect experience with them but I do know there has been a lot of disgruntled customers with them.

Bought a 2019 5th wheel last August. Things started breaking around December, it hasn't stopped since then. Waiting for fridge parts for the second time in 5 months. Believe the quality of this unit was misrepresented by the salesman and Camping World.

Quality in an rv is difficult to quantify. One unit may leave the factory in fantastic shape and the next one just like it is awful. Not to defend Camping World but to be realistic it must be stated that no salesman of new or used units can predict if a given unit is going to need repairs. They are hit or miss on quality build. The next serial number to my unit took almost three weeks to prep the flaws out of it. Mine prepped in five hours and the only flaw it had after delivery was leaking outside speakers. Ten minute fix.
As long as they are making good on the repairs there is not a lot else they can do.

Believe the quality of this unit was misrepresented by the salesman and Camping World.
First of all, the most talented salespeople beccome that by selling a lot of product, not by being honest. The commission system is designed to reward success above honesty.

You should also understand that no RV is so perfect that it can't be made bad in 3 years of neglect and abuse. Even if the RV that you bought was the highest quality when new, it could be a disastor waiting to happen today. Did you get a professional pre-purchase inspection before you bought? I suspect that you didn't and your experience is a great example of the reason that most of us recommend doing so. You have not said what the RV in question is or what your RV experience is, and both of those factors could play a part in your present situation.

Like @Kirk said. Buying used anything, especially when it's sold "as is", requires careful inspection, which in the case of an RV (where the possible number of failing components is enormous), likely requires the help of a professional inspector. And even that does not guarantee a perfect outcome.

I think the Romans expressed wisely, millenia ago: caveat emptor (buyer beware).

I'm not sure that an inspector would have caught a refrigerator that failed 3 months after the original poster purchased it, or that they would have been able to predict that it would fail twice.

As others have said, unless there's a warranty or a legal obligation (contract) for CW to do something for you, you're probably on your own. As such, that also means you don't have to use them for repair work, in fact, based on the number of disgruntled people posting about CW on here in general, they definitely wouldn't be my first stop for repair work.

The first car I ever bought was from
a consignment dealership back in 1986.
It broke down on the way home from buying it.
Haven't been back to a dealership since.
I highly recommend Wahooz, though.

Last edited:
We bought our used 2021 Cougar 5er last Oct. at Camping World and we could not have had a better experience from them helping us find the 5er in another state to ordering and installing the hitch to finding the best financing.

Might be easier to simply take it to another RV facility. It's like trying to get car repair done at a buy here pay here lot. I'd do without anything before I stepped foot on a CW lot. My only personal experience with them, they would not allow me to purchase a particular RV with cash or check, finance it or walk. After words with the sales manager, I walked.

I bought my toy hauler new from an independent dealer. The service and personnel is very good. Only needed to have it serviced twice and both times it was fixed the first time.
We looked at CW first and I could tell the salesman was blowing smoke from the beginning. Most big chain RV salesmen do not even own one and know nothing about them.
I do the same with my truck. It always goes back to the dealer for service.

I go to camping world for parts that I can't get at big box stores because I don't want to wait for them to be ordered and their prices are pretty good. So far I've picked up a holding tank tote and one of the on-demand water pumps along with a really iffy instant hot water heater that I used to make an outdoor shower on our old popup camper. I mean $300 for a tankless gas water heater is a pretty damn good deal...except it won't fit in the 6 gallon water heater slot, form factor is completely wrong, and it uses 2xD cell batteries for the ignitor rather than just being wired to the 12 volt system. Supposedly it's safe for indoor use, but I've not been brave enough to try that.

There's a local independent RV dealer 3 miles away, if I was going to buy a new one for some reason I would definitely go there.

The last time we were in a Camping World was in 2012. When the salesdude told me that my 1989 F250 would "pull anything on the lot", we turned around and walked out. Went across the street to Fun Country RV's, and left with a new travel trailer. Apples to apples, CW was 40% more expensive too.

And then, of course, there's Marcus Lemonis....

Back
Top Bottom