Camping World spam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess you are getting the spam to somehow convince you to join Good Sam. Once you join, the spam stops??????? THEN you just get the catalog and a flyer in the mail ever now and then, I suppose?????

You've got to admit, Good Sam is GOOD at taking money and really shoddy at every thing else.

If that were true, Ford wouldn't need to advertise its best-selling pickup, the F150. Yet they still advertise.

If your bank has your demographic information and you've ever paid with a card then that's another possible avenue where CW might have gotten your information. Your bank knows what kind of products and services you buy, where, and how much. Clearly CW thinks you're a good match.

Good Sam is GOOD at taking money and really shoddy at every thing else.
Just like AAA recently became. In fact, I think very poor service is the norm these days. Unless you want to join or buy! Then service is excellent. Then try to quite a service you joined. Often a big hassle.

All businesses care most about making money. The rest depends on how much they can get away with before people drop the service.

Kinda sad, because I am old enough to remember the days when the opposite was true with service. Such as doctors making house calls, or gas stations that would check your oil, tires, pump your gas, even give stamps for coming in and/or other freebees. Back in those days of less than 20 cent per gallon gasoline.

-Don- Salton Sea SRA, CA

Last edited:
Ford wouldn't need to advertise its best-selling pickup, the F150. Yet they still advertise.
But perhaps it is the best-selling pickup because of their advertising. And I doubt if they are like Tesla that cannot keep up with their orders (they advertise nowhere at all).

-Don- Salton Sea SRA, CA

While that is true, I often find things I need that are very low demand. Because of the advertising, I find out they exist.

For an example, because of an advertisement in a motorcycle magazine, I upgraded my 1971 BMW electrical system from 180 to 280 watts, which I really needed. Low demand for sure.

-Don- Salton Sea SRA, CA
Since I sold all my bike gear back when we sold our Harley's, I'm re-discovering that the bike was the cheap part of this hobby. I'm getting mostly motorcycle stuff spam right now. Helmets, riding gear, assorted accessories, etc.
The good part is that I'm finding out that some sites I used to use for Harley parts are carrying Honda parts now (Dennis Kirk, Parts Unlimited, American Moto Tire, J&P Cycle). Just ordered and received a pair of what we used to call "tittie grips" to replace the stock Honda handgrips that always turn your hands black if you ride for a while. My kids were amazed, they'd never even seen those. I think they used to be stock on the old Triumphs.

Don't you wear motorcycle gloves?

-Don- Salton Sea SRA, CA
I like to wear the gloves with the cut off fingers in the summer.
Those grips have an air cushion built into them and they are bigger in diameter like the Harley grips that I've been used to for the last 20-some years. Here's a picture, I'm sure you'll remember them from years past.

1675333348450.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom