Camping World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3labs

Hi all
Just wanted to vent, I found a bad solenoid on my Hadley air horns so I looked at Hadley's website and found that Camping World was a dealer. so I called to get a price the guy was nice when he told me $92.00 WOW :eek: :mad: :mad: I could not believe it. So I started to call around and found one from a locale PerterBuilt dealer and it was $41.50 right from Hadley ,so I would like to caution everyone to look around before buying from Camping world you mite find a better deal ;D.

Brian

That pretty much holds true on anything you buy anywhere, just usually not that % didfferent.

so I would like to caution everyone to look around before buying from Camping world you mite find a better deal

Ya' but you woulda' gotten 10% off with President's Club? ?;D ;D :D

Steve said:
Ya' but you woulda' gotten 10% off with President's Club? ?;D ;D :D

I found that on most high priced items they jack the price so that the 10% off brings it in line with advertised prices at other sources. I carried on an e-mail exchange about his a couple of years ago with the founder David Garvin but never got him to admit to the practice even though I supplied him with many examples.

blueblood said:
...they jack the price so that the 10% off brings it in line with advertised prices at other sources.

That's been my observation too Leo.

CW is not where I go to get bargains, but sometimes they have the product I want at a competitive price. We dropped $150 there the other day, but we were at Lazy Days picking up the new rig and they were handy and had several items we wanted.  But for most things, we shop there as well as several other places and then buy where the total deal for that purchase seems best. Sometimes that is CW but just as often it is not.

A PC membership isn't expensive if you spend $500+ per year at CW, but doesn't probably doesn't pay if much less.

Sometimes you catch CW in a good deal, tho I wasn't thrilled with the installation. Neither my local tire shop nor the distributor, (Purcells) couldn't match CW's price on my 6 new tires plus they gave me one year no payments, no interest. Also charged me to renew my President's club membership which I hadn't planned on doing :-[

Yes. Just yesterday I took my South Wind in for a new slide topper awning. My wife had seen an article in a magazine about how CW has a 40 percent discount on labor for a short periof of time. After the bill was written up and they were ready to run it though,  I asked them about the discount.  How about that. UNDER the counter they had a coupon for the 40 per cent off. If you don't ask, you will not receive. Guess that is true most any place. Bud

I agree that you have to shop around, but don't slam CW too bad folks -- they do often have the very best prices on items you can find on the net.  When I bought my surge protector, they had a special combined with the Pres discount that saved me about $90 when everything was said and done.  ;D

There is a belief that when you label something RV the price goes up, way up, and since everything in camping world is RV.  (nuff said)

I have occasionally priced stuff all over, not just the "RV" version but the regular home version as well

Sometimes the old adage is true (RV = High price) sometimes I find my dealer or Camping world is actually the LOWEST PRICE

Most recently it was a faucet, cheapest I could find was at my dealer's about 8 bucks cheaper than the next best price and of a much better design for my situation.

Oh, and I got my frozen water line replaced today... With a piece of flexable irrigation riser

Bronco4me said:
I agree that you have to shop around, but don't slam CW too bad folks -- they do often have the very best prices on items you can find on the net.? When I bought my surge protector, they had a special combined with the Pres discount that saved me about $90 when everything was said and done.? ;D

Not at all, no slams just a beware ;D

I have to say that last week I ordered a "Sewer Solution" from them (not a club member) off the web. When I got the confirming email they noted a price change to my benefit and the charge to my card ended up 35 dollars less than when I checked out.  :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom