CampingWorld.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dnr733

In looking for items to purchase for our new WolfPup, it seems this site keeps coming up.
Paying a fee to shop always makes me pump my brakes but it does seem their prices are pretty good and I would recoup that fee rather quickly.

So, does anyone have an opinion on this site and paying the fee?

Dan

When we purchased our washer/dryer combo we signed up to save quite a bit of money. I let the subscription run out because I don?t want to deal with CW for small items.

I am pretty sure all the items are available on Amazon as well.  I still need to compare the actual prices.
I guess I am curious about the other small items as well, which don't usually mean much lol.

But it would be mostly small items. 

I've had two instances with that corporation. Bear in mind they also own gander outdoors, and overtons. Some products can be found across all three sites, and usually the same price. My first go around I needed to buy two sets of disc-o-bed cots. They run around $249 without any sales. At the time all three sites had different sale prices, plus different weekly % off additional sales. I think I ordered then through the overtons branch and got their prices down to around $169 to I was happy with that. My second go around was this last June. I wanted a portable propane fire pit. They had one for $79.99 on all three sites
I bought it on the camping world website 3 weeks before my trip. It never showed up. All I ever got for info was that it was being shipped from the manufacturer. Never received a tracking number or anything, eventually went to a different store and bought a different brand in person. It then took most of July before I could cancel my order and refund my charge. I even had to file a dispute with my card company because I had called camping world twice over 2 weeks and they kept saying the charge would reverse in 4 days. That left a very spur taste in my mouth.

When doing a search for a product, the store that pays the most goes to the top of the list.  You are correct in being suspicious of retail stores that charge for the "privilege" of buying there.  CW has a few proprietary products that I would consider, and I might use their store for convenience, but rarely do I find a good deal.  Do your shopping online using item or model numbers and you should find the best deal.  Amazon is variable in pricing ranging from way too high down to the best deal.

Everything CW offers is available elsewhere, at similar or better pricing.  Amazon and Walmart are great alternatives, but there are others that specialize in RV products, e.g. PPLMotorhomes.com, RVUpgradestore.com, rvsupplywarehouse.com, rvpartscountry,com, adventurerv.net, dyersonline.com, and adozen more.

If the product was available ONLY at CW I might buy from them.  If I can avoid their company I will avoid them. I find their customer service to be way sub standard. I would buy on EBAY before Camping World.
But if you must then sign up for MRREBATES.com that will get you 4% rebate from Mrrebates.com as well as a coupon code "CWSAVE" that purports to save you $10 off $75 but YMMV. Teh coupon code may work without MRREBATES log in
Also you have to eventually accumulate $20 of rebates before they will send you money. They have over 3000 websites on their service.

Hi,

I wouldn't recommend buying from camping world from my experiences. I'm sure there are some that will have to learn the hard way.

This is the first in many years that I've ordered from CW which were 3 vent covers.  They had the cheapest price with free shipping.

[quote author=Seon]... I've ordered from CW which were 3 vent covers.[/quote]
I bought a couple of replacement covers for our Fantastic Vents a year or two ago, before finding that FV will replace them free  :(

Another vote to NO, I don't give my money to Camping World.  Their core of business ethics and tactics are not what I want any part of.

CW's business model changed significantly when Marcus Lemonis ('the Profit') took over. The primary focus now is on selling RVs. Has anyone tried visiting one of their retail stores since the change? No room to park, because of all the for-sale rigs.

Lots of folks were unhappy with them previously, and the changes have done little to improve their following. We've bought stuff online from them, and it took a lot of phone calls with their Customer Service folks, although the issues were really at their supplier.

Lordismyshepherd said:
Stay away from CW.  You can find whatever you need on Amazon at a better price and delivery is always reliable.

LOL We have ordered from Camping World when it was the best price we could find.  When we purchase items in a store it is usually more for convenience than price.

Sounds like have some personal animosity toward Camping World. :)

As mentioned, I just bought 3 vent covers from CW and they were cheaper with free shipping. 
Then the other day I called the parts department 3x but they never picked up.  Oh well they lost a sale that day.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Everything CW offers is available elsewhere, at similar or better pricing.  Amazon and Walmart are great alternatives, but there are others that specialize in RV products, e.g. PPLMotorhomes.com, RVUpgradestore.com, rvsupplywarehouse.com, rvpartscountry,com, adventurerv.net, dyersonline.com, and adozen more.
I have to agree. I have found that Camping World prices are not really less than anywhere else, even on sale. And if you visit the stores the prices are inflated.

Occasionally the CW web site will have insanely good prices on some items, sometimes half of what other online retailers are charging, the rest of the time I don't buy from them.

Isaac-1 said:
Occasionally the CW web site will have insanely good prices on some items, sometimes half of what other online retailers are charging, the rest of the time I don't buy from them.

Same for me.  We have gotten some very good deals online from Camping World.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom