Can anyone identify this shower diverter tee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2dollarbill

My outside shower was leaking and I purchased a replacement diverter from Dura. It wasn't until I pulled everything apart I realized I had the wrong part. Not only that I can't find the correct piece anywhere...anyone seen this style before?

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 53
no certainty here,
but it looks like a simple tee with two legs for PEX and one for the threaded connection.  That threaded connection looks to me like it might fit the showerhead hose for the handheld shower.... so with two faucet valves...one for hot and the other for cold you'd plumb pex from the hot to one leg, pex from cold to the other, and the shower to the third.

Thanks for the reply...the trailer is plumbed with pex piping so that'll give me an avenue to investigate.

Doesn't look like "simple" or Pex to me.  The two female sides of that tee appear to utilize some sort of bayonet connector, i.e. a twist & lock slot.  It will need a matching male connector to mate up with. I've not ever seen that type either.  Do the ends of the attaching pipes have a matching male?  Do you know the name of the faucet assembly?  May be a unique part to that brand.
At worse you may end up removing the male connectors on the connecting tubes so that you can use a more common type of Tee.

Yes the corresponding male ends twist and lock in place. There are no names anywhere on this outdoor shower, however, there were two sets of numbers. One set brought up Dura brand faucets hence my purchase. I'll upload a couple more pics of what I'm dealing with later today. Thanks all for the insight. At worse I'll just spring for a new faucet or complete assembly.

Here's the rest minus the box it all goes into.

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 21
Rene and I played with a similar tap on my daughter's PUP, and I thought that I had MacGyvered it fixed, only to have it start leaking again.  I would suggest that you go to an RV parts department and buy a generic replacement tap.  It will save you a lot of headaches, just make sure that once you cleared the lines to winterize, that you leave both taps open.  I always leave all the taps open, but since this tap is likely the low point, it is doubly important.

Ed

If you have your heart set on fixing that one, exactly what is the problem? Maybe that just needs new O-rings on the connections?

I see a Dura brand tee on Amazon, but the design of the snap-together fitting is different. Maybe they had problems with the previous design? Or you have the new one and Amazon sells an older type?

There are a bunch of Dura tees on Ebay too, but some of them don't have images. The ones that do use the same connector type as the one on Amazon.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=dura+faucet+tee&_sacat=0

Contact Dura directly at https://www.durafaucet.com/

ah, yes... i'm sorry for the misdirect earlier.... Now I see it better on a real computer.  I was thinking those socket ends were push in to lock type things like for PEX, but clearly they are twist lock connections.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom