Can Not Get on Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RREngr

Tom, any idea why I can not get on the forum from my Charter account I can get on the forum with either firefox or IE. I had to fire up my verizon card to get on. Yes I turned off both of my firewalls (Norton and Windows). It was working just fine then it just stopped letting me log on to the RVForum I can get on any other site I go to just not the RVForum.

Anyone got any ideas?

Rich

Rich,

By "Charter account" do you mean that Charter is your ISP?

... then it just stopped letting me log on to the RVForum

When that happens, do you see an error message or a message that says something like "incorrect password"?

I'm trying to understand if the forum software is preventing you from getting in (unlikely since you can get in with your Verizon card), or if you can't navigate to the forum.

FWIW I occasionally have a problem coming here with my Comcast cable account (happened again within the last hour). I initially thought it was a problem with our host, but subsequently came to find out it was a problem with one or more of Comcast's routers. I also thought it was limited to the forum and our host, but subsequently realized there was a subset of sites I couldn't get to. One of the times this happened, I and a neighbor couldn't get here all morning and my neighbor called Comcast; It was fixed pronto.

I'm emailing something I'd like you to try.

It wasn't just Comcast this morning, I couldn't access the forum via HughesNet from 0630-0700EDT.  Corrected as of 0710EDT.  Sorry, I didn't do a tracert but will try to remember next time.

The times don't coincide Ned. The Comcast issue I referred to occurred and cleared up 3+ hours prior to your problem. I've been online and in/out of the forum since 11.00pm my time (2.00am EDT). Check your email, I was doing other stuff that might have run interference.

Just got your email.  Since I could ping the host, it wasn't a routing problem I saw.  Could have been your maintenance, if it was between 0330-0400PDT.

It was probably the maintenance stuff that ran interference this morning Ned; I was doing stuff on and off around the time you reported.

Rich's problem OTOH apparently occurred around 11.30pm PDT last night and was IIRC before I started doing maintenance.

I had no problem this morning but then I didn't try till after 7AM.  I just answered an E-mail from Rich on this subject.  Looks like you already explained your similar experience with Comcast Tom.  Haven't been to attentive to the computer yet today since I had to visit the Dentist this morning.

Looks like Rich is having a similar experience with his ISP.  Any ideas what else it could be since he can access via his Verizon card?

Ron,

I emailed Rich earlier this morning with something I want him to try. It's unlikely his ISP issue is related to my occasional Comcast issue, but if its similar, it's something the ISP has to fix.

Tom said:
Ron,

I emailed Rich earlier this morning with something I want him to try. It's unlikely his ISP issue is related to my occasional Comcast issue, but if its similar, it's something the ISP has to fix.

Hope it works.  But I kinda think it might be his ISP.

The data Rich sent me doesn't support it being his ISP. But, rather than guess, I need to work with him when we get off the road.

Tom said:
The data Rich sent me doesn't support it being his ISP. But, rather than guess, I need to work with him when we get off the road.

Hmmm, wonder what could have happened to cause this.  Can I help in any way?

Thanks Ron. Looks like I might need to interface with the host. Hope I can get online from the boonies tonight.

Rich, thanks for your patience and thanks for the feedback. It took me a while to figure out what was going on. Glad you're back with us.

Back
Top Bottom