Canadian Adventurer Motorhome -- quality?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gail irene

We are seriously looking into buying an Adventurer Class C Motorhome that is a Canadian brand.  I believe there is a totally different RV in the US called the Adventurer.

Despite scouring the internet, I'm finding fe customer reviews about the Adventurer and wondered if anyone had experience with it.  I know it's an entry level motorhome but is it better or worse than other basic motorhomes.  And we do like the floor plan.

Thank you!

Here are some links about Adventurer RVs.  Fraserways is a large network of dealerships and I can confirm they are well respected in the field.  The other 2 links appear to be websites for the manufacturer and may provide some insight into their product. 
    I would check to see if there is a Fraserway dealership near you and contact them for some information, just remember they are sales oriented.

Ed

http://www.fraserway.com/locations/halifax/sales?gclid=CjwKCAjwyOreBRAYEiwAR2mSkvX8YbmVg4uOsZEoWA2LCSgot1WKPBQn65Zu9nIpjrpEes55OFBKzhoCdJIQAvD_BwE
https://www.countryrv.net/site-seriesBrand_results.php?mid=24
http://www.amlrv.com

You are right about the US Adventurer but it is a model of Winnebago that was made for many years and, if I recall correctly, has now been discontinued.  I have one.

Bill

Hey! This is my first post on this 25-year forum! Hello!

I?ve been researching the Adventurer 19 RD (rear dining) for weeks because I?m in love with the 20? size and layout.

This is what I have learned.
They are made in Yakima, WA by https://www.amlrv.com then sold to Canada. The VIN # is American (starts with ?1?). Canada uses them as rentals, however, unlike Cruise America, Cruise Canada only rents them for a couple of seasons then sells them to dealerships. After converting the kilometres to miles, most only have 50-60,000 miles. Cruise America starts letting their rentals go around 120,000 miles. Big difference.

The website and the dealerships advertise the Adventurer?s being insulated (you can download manuals and brochures on their website). They say they are made with Tru Composite construction aluminum, which is about six layers including foam and a fiberglass outer layer. I looked at a $110,000 Winnebago Travato and it didn?t even have insulation!
They also advertise ?4-season insulated? and the windows are ?Thermal Pane.?

As an American, there are couple steps to cross the Canadian border, purchase a vehicle, then bring it over the border back into America, but the company can send you the paperwork you need if you buy from an individual (I emailed them and they got back to me in one day). They said if you buy from a dealership then the dealership will know the right paperwork to give you. The last step is registering it in your state. Also, check the currency exchange prices if you are American because you can get a better deal buying in Canada right now.

I hope this helps.
Cheryl

"Insulation" covers a lot of different materials and techniques, and different degrees of effectiveness (R-value) as well.  Typically the roof, floors and sidewalls all have different types and amounts of insulation. Further, RVs often leak a lot of hot/cold air at various points, e.g. around slides, at ports for wiring and plumbing, etc., and things like windows and skylights are major heat gain/loss areas.

They emailed me back about the insulation for the Adventurer 19:

"R-13 in the ceiling walls and floor and the tanks are enclosed heated and insulated"

The adventurer 19RD does not have a generator on board.  Just curious how you might run the A/C in the summertime?

HHi there, did you end up buying o e? Im looking at a 2020 adventurer 23RB*19 and they are asking for 82,999.00 what do you think
We are seriously looking into buying an Adventurer Class C Motorhome that is a Canadian brand. I believe there is a totally different RV in the US called the Adventurer.

Despite scouring the internet, I'm finding fe customer reviews about the Adventurer and wondered if anyone had experience with it. I know it's an entry level motorhome but is it better or worse than other basic motorhomes. And we do like the floor plan.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom