Canadian Border opens August 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gator, look at their profiles under their names, Tony is from the UK and Jay is from Canada, no comment about your Senate.
As for chairs on the Titanic, we just got home from taking our 7 year old grandson to the Museum of the Atlantic, where they have a teak deck chair from the Titanic on display, along with other relics salvaged from the ship.

Ed

Changing chairs on the Titanic is an English way of saying what ever you choose, the results are the same. It is a comparison, not an insult to those who perished. Sorry if my comment offended anyone.

CBSA might strike mo opening the border, the US wont open it us we should not open it to them, i dont think we are ready yet, nothing against my US friends but our vaccine rate is higher and yet cases are climbing at an alarming rate

CBSA might strike mo opening the border, the US wont open it us we should not open it to them, i dont think we are ready yet, nothing against my US friends but our vaccine rate is higher and yet cases are climbing at an alarming rate
I donā€™t blame you. The U.S. has gone bat shart crazy. If it wasnā€™t for the grandkids we might be gone.

No need, I'm still in my home country:giggle: (Unfortunately!!)
Sorry Tony, my brain wasn't in gear. I was thinking of another member who's an ex-Taff exiled to England.

Steve, while Alberta is showing signs of increased numbers, Atlantic Canada remains low. However, with provincial borders now open, returning workers from the oilfields are sure to soon change that.

Ed

Alrady there is a story out of Canada about a couple of arrests for phoney Vacination ID cards.. 20,000 dollar fines or something like that. Do no recall if the fraud's were "Domestic" (Canadian) or "Imported" (Visitors to Canada) Relly think they need a year or two of quarantine as well as the fine.

Right now public opinion in Canada is swinging strongly to keeping the border closed until the US gets a grip on the virus. Many places are back to numbers from a year ago with death and infection rates per capita 10 to 20 times that of Canada. It is essentially completely politicized there now. Around here itā€™s getting called the ā€œtrumpee virusā€ as it seems itā€™s mostly trumpees getting it now. Sad.

Right now public opinion in Canada is swinging strongly to keeping the border closed until the US gets a grip on the virus. Many places are back to numbers from a year ago with death and infection rates per capita 10 to 20 times that of Canada. It is essentially completely politicized there now. Around here itā€™s getting called the ā€œtrumpee virusā€ as it seems itā€™s mostly trumpees getting it now. Sad.
Please donā€™t turn this good post into something political because it will get shut down.

Following this news carefully. We'd like to return to visiting Canada, however only with a conscious regard for our--and our hosts--health and safety. We're willing to wait.

Please donā€™t turn this good post into something political because it will get shut down.
He was just stating a fact. I didnā€™t interpret as political. Maybe all borders should be closed until this thing is at least at herd immunity (at least 85% vaccinated). Even folks tat have been vaccinated can carry the virus across a border. Your chances of getting the virus are much lower with the vaccine but if you do get it the symptoms are significantly reduced. Iā€™m not sure what our vaccination percentage is in the U.S. but at the detention centers on the southern border ICE reports that 70% of undocumented immigrants have been vaccinated While about 58% of Americans have been vaccinated. COVID Data Tracker Weekly Review

Steve, while Alberta is showing signs of increased numbers, Atlantic Canada remains low. However, with provincial borders now open, returning workers from the oilfields are sure to soon change that.

Ed
Thats because Atlantic Canada is way smarter than the rest of us lol

well they opened the border this morning - we need the tourist dollars i guess. let hope this doesn't bite us in the ass. American adults must prove they have been fully vaccinated but not children and they are the fastest growing Covid group right now. Fingers crossed welcome to all my American friends leave the guns at home and remember booze it way cheaper to buy in the states than Canada lol

Back
Top Bottom