Canadian wanting USA satellite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brave Willy

I have bell satellite in Canada but I want to get satellite service when I?m in the USA in the winter months.
I have a winegard system that is capable of getting use signal. I need advice on what to get and how to get it 

Dish network offers a pay as you go plan.  Month to month payments.  Whether your current antenna will work or not is a toss up.  If not one of the portable automatic domes will.

There is a very small chance you might be able to get a Canadian signal from your current satellite when in the US, depending on where you travel.  You might want to check with other Canadians who have traveled in the US to see if it is doable. 

The signal from Bell into the USA is not available much below the 200 mile mark since changes were made to the satellite signal several years ago. The Bell equipment was compatible with Dish at one time but you do need a Dish receiver.

The signal from Shaw is available as far as  south Florida but for how much longer is the big unknown. Shaw equipment and Bell equipment are not compatible with each other. As an FYI, it is not legal per the service agreements to use the Canadian signals below the boarder but.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom