Can't hear the cell phone. External speaker possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackliz

Howdy, Framily.
I have the ringer volume on my Motorola cell phone at maximum and have selected the loudest ringtone available on the phone. But if I am in the bedroom, I can barely hear the phone ring. I was wondering if anyone has dealt with the problem. Is it possible to hook up an external speaker to the cell phone?

Thanks,
Liz

If you connect it to one of the "hands free" cradles, you can sometimes add an external speaker via the cradle.  I use the term "cradle" loosely - these things have various names and descriptions.  Not all "hands free" or "speakerphone" kits have an external speaker jack, so shop carefully.  You might start on the Motorola web site or the numerous vendors of cell phone accessories.

Liz's problem isn't the speaker on the phone, it's hearing it ring.  Will the ringtone be sent to an external speaker?

Ned said:
Liz's problem isn't the speaker on the phone, it's hearing it ring.  Will the ringtone be sent to an external speaker?

I too have problems hearing cell phones, both the ring, which I've solved, and the speaker when calling, which I can often solve

For the speaker,,, the answer is very phone dependent, on the NOKIA 6110, all you had to do was go to speaker phone (Same speaker lots louder) on the NOIKI 6101 (i think) they use different speakers so that does not work, however going to headset makes it much clearer and louder (if you have the headset)

As for the ring signal,,, Sometimes by selecting different rings you can find one that is LOUD.  in my case I "Downloaded" a ring signal to my computer, used software (which I have on board) to make it louder and then E-mailed it back to the phone...

I can do this for you too if you wish  Private message if you need this service  Cost is between zero and a dollar (Depending on your phone plan) and is the same as a text message to your phone and a bit of browsing time

John, thanks for the chat tonight. I have a number of tones downloadable but not sure which ones might be 'louder' than others. Maybe we could go to Email and work out some file swaps to develop some 'loud' tones for Liz?

My free tone site will let me download these classics:
The following phones can receive PolyPhonic ringtones: Ericsson P800, Ericsson T300, Motorola C330, Motorola T720, Nokia 3510, Nokia 3530, Nokia 3650, Nokia 5100, Nokia 6100, Nokia 6610, Nokia 7210, Nokia 7250, Nokia 7650, Panasonic GD88, Siemens S55

The Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairies (Tchaikovsky)
Flight of the Bumblebee (Rimsky)
Gloria (Vivaldi)
In the Hall of the Mountain King (Grieg)
Moonlight Sonata, Movement 1 (Beethoven)
William Tell Overture (Rossini)
"Four Seasons": Autumn (Vivaldi)
"Carmen": Habenera (Bizet)
Fuer Elise (Beethoven)
"Lakme": Flower Duet (Delibes)
"The Nutcracker": March (Tchaikovsky)
Symphony No. 5 (Beethoven)
"Aida": Triumphant March (Verdi)
... just in case any of those might be of use. They are polyphonic MIDI files

You guys are just too much.  Heck I'm still having trouble using the rotary dial phones.  Wish I had the knowledge and where to all of you folks.  Very Envious.  Thanks for all the tips you people provide and I know I', not the only dummy learning from you folks.  Again thanks.

I'd be interested in knowing the url of that free ring tone site.  I like a few of those

I use Little Fugue in G, for non-family calls,  Ode to Joy for family calls and Bolero for the alarm clock

However I had to modify them with Cakewalk and e-mail them back to myself  I'm using a Nokia 6101

I sent Liz Flight of the Bumblebee with the volume maxed out (downloaded from T-Mobile) and noted it had at least 3 channels of sound.  The program, whch I use for other uses most of the time, is Cakewalk Pyro 5

Liz,

A simple, if inelegant, solution to your problem might be a few components from Radio Shack. A small electret microphone wired to a small amplified speaker and powered by a 9-volt battery or wall wart. Simply place the microphone/speaker setup near the cell phone, and walk away!

Here are the links to the components I would use if building one for myself:

Microphone: http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...2216&cp=&pg=3&kw=microphone&parentPage=search
Speaker:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...62620&cp=&pg=1&kw=amplifier&parentPage=search

In addition, you would need a few feet of 3-wire shielded cable (to separate the mic from the speaker; eliminates feedback), a battery connector or mini jack for power, maybe a small on/off switch (if not already there; the specs don't say) and some basic soldering skills.

I can provide the details or put one together for you.

Hope this helps :)

Liz,
Here is an idea.  Buy the Motorola external speaker (photo attached).  If it is attached when the phone rings it rings through the external speaker as well as through the phone itself.  I tested it with both our Motorola T-720/730 and our V-276 models and it works great.  The ring tone is at least twice as loud using the external speaker.

JerryF

Attachments

• Ext Speaker.JPG
    Ext Speaker.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 19
JerArdra said:
Liz,
Here is an idea.  Buy the Motorola external speaker (photo attached).  If it is attached when the phone rings it rings through the external speaker as well as through the phone itself.  I tested it with both our Motorola T-720/730 and our V-276 models and it works great.  The ring tone is at least twice as loud using the external speaker.

JerryF

WOW!!!! WHERE did you get that Motorola external speaker? What a great solution.

Thanks,
Liz

Jackliz said:
WOW!!!! WHERE did you get that Motorola external speaker? What a great solution.

Liz,

I bought it at a Verizon store but I'll bet they are available from Motorola or someone else on the WEB.  It's a Motorlola product.  On the back are the following numbers:  SPN5027A and 02026-0091835.

JerryF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom