Capitol Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terry A. Brewer

Fred & Daisy, Jim & Tarry, Russ Betty & I are at Capitol Reef & it would be a great place for a forum Rally...We were only going to stay for 2 days & now are going to stay 6-7 days,<G> as there is so much to see in this area.

Terry
At Torrey, UT

Attachments

• Capitol Reef01 (Small).JPG
    Capitol Reef01 (Small).JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Capitol Reef07 (Small).JPG
    Capitol Reef07 (Small).JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Capitol Reef09 (Small).JPG
    Capitol Reef09 (Small).JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 36
Here is a few more pics.

Terry
At Torrey, UT

Attachments

• Capitol Reef30 (Small).JPG
    Capitol Reef30 (Small).JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Capitol Reef38 (Small).JPG
    Capitol Reef38 (Small).JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Capitol Reef39 (Small).JPG
    Capitol Reef39 (Small).JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 31
Thanks for sharing those photos Terry. Looks like a neat place. Any reason Fred too his SUV for a swim?

BTW do they have a campground there, or is it boondocking?

What Fred was doing was going to the rescue of Terry!!

Attachments

• P5120132 (Small).JPG
    P5120132 (Small).JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 35
  • P5120180 (Small).JPG
    P5120180 (Small).JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 33
  • P5120092 (Small).JPG
    P5120092 (Small).JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 36
LOL Jim, Terry needs lots of rescuing. Thanks for additional photos. That looks like a really neat place.

Terry A. Brewer said:
We were only going to stay for 2 days & now are going to stay 6-7 days,<G> as there is so much to see in this area.

Terry, I told you so.  ;D

You might enjoy the Burr Trail.  East of Capitol Reef to the Notom road then south to the Burr Trail then west to Boulder then North back to Capitol Reef.  Day trip with lunch in Boulder.

Nice petrified forest on the route.

Phil

Greaat pictures Terry.  Looks like a neat place.  What sort of camping facilities do they have there?

Today the 7 of us did a road trip south to  Escalante where there is a small state park featuring a petrified forest.

Weather has improved and was warm (near 70 F) and sunny.

Highway 12 is very scenic. First we went over the 10,000 ft Boulder mt with vistas of capitol reef and the Henry mts. Then to anasazi museum and ruins in Boulder before doing lunch on the hogsback. Our view was a vista of red and white sandstone cliffs and slot canyons.

Last night most of us had a gourmet meal at el diablo restaurant with elegantly presented platters of superb food at $$$gourmet$$$ prices.

Phil

>>You might enjoy the Burr Trail.? East of Capitol Reef to the Notom road then south to the Burr Trail then west to Boulder then North back to Capitol Reef.? Day trip with lunch in Boulder.<<

We are going to do that on Sun...They call it Loop-The-Fold, 127 miles of fun. Fred isn't going because he doesn't want to get his Jeep dirty.<G>

Couldn't do the Pleasant Creek or Hells Backbone as they were closed due to snow.

Saw the petrified forest today on a trip to Escalante.

Terry
At Torrey, UT

Tom

>>Looks like a neat place. Any reason Fred too his SUV for a swim?<<

1.Entrance to Cathedral Valley
2.Too cheep to pay for a car wash.

Your choice...or maybe you could set up a poll on it.<BG>

Terry
At Torrey, UT

Don

>>What sort of camping facilities do they have there?<<

We are staying at a very nice park Thousand Lakes in Torrey, UT.

Terry
At Torrey, UT

Terry A. Brewer said:

Terry,

It sounds like you are getting all the tourist stuff organized.  :)

There are two petrified forests.  One in Escalante and one west of Boulder toward the Burr Trail.  If the road to Horse Canyon is marked, it's worth a short side trip for 30 or so minutes. 

Phil

We are staying at a very nice park Thousand Lakes in Torrey, UT.

I believe we stayed at that park a few years ago.  Agree with you completely about holding a rally there.  Capitol Reef is a beautiful park and the area around Torrey is loverly and relatively undeveloped.    That CG could easily hold a rally.  Good set up and they have barbeque service iirc.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Couldn't do the Pleasant Creek or Hells Backbone as they were closed due to snow.

Darn!  That means the road up Fremont Canyon to the overlook on Thousand Lake Mountain is proably closed also.  I guess we need to have a mini-rally in the fall at Capitol Reef.  ;D

Phil

Count me in if you have a fall rally in Torrey and/or Capitol Reef. And remember, if you get in trouble (like stuck in that creekbed), ask for Jim or Joanne Unruh and use Mike's name <G>

Terry A. Brewer said:

Terry

We stayed at Ruby's at Bryce Canyon a couple of years ago and one day did a ride up Rte 12 to Boulder (UT). On the way, we did the Hells Backbone road. Very long, no problem for 4x4s, even medium clearance 4x2s. I couldn't identify the pictures that I took (one of these days I'll start naming them after I take them :)) after a while they all start looking alike ;D ;D ;D. On the way back we took Rte 12 all the way and felt the scenery from 12 was as good as Hells Backbone. Did you stop in the Indian Museum in Boulder, it was a gem ???

Bernie

>>Did you stop in the Indian Museum in Boulder, it was a gem <<

Yes...Even got Fred there.<G>

Do you agree with the RV parks reviewers on Ruby's Inn? I can't understand why so many reviews are different from the ones here...Could there be two Ruby's Inns?

Terry
At Torrey, UT

Terry A. Brewer said:
Do you agree with the RV parks reviewers on Ruby's Inn? I can't understand why so many reviews are different from the ones here...Could there be two Ruby's Inns?

Terry,

Ruby's Inn campground has a section that you do not want to drive your motorhome in.  Stay in the 50 amp full hookup section.  Don't try to put your MH in the tent section.  ;D

Phil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom