Carefree Travel?r 12-Volt Patio Awning Conversions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rollie

Has anyone tried the Carefree Travel?r 12-Volt Patio Awning Conversion?  The information says you can convert your existing awning to one that will deploy by electric motors ... the cost would appear half of the cost of a total replacement. 

Send us a URL please.. I got stuck with an A&E (Dometic) Awning here, and suffice to say, I'm not happy with it.

In fact it is the one thing on this rig I remain unhappy with.

This where I found it ... here.

I just bumped into it by accident ... later when I wanted to learn more I could not find much more info.
[edit]Fixed link.[/edit]

Thanks, I'm going to have to look into it, Bit more than I hoped to spend but not as bad as I feared (About 650.00)

Looks like it's everything save the fabric for the awning.  You get arms and motor I'm not sure about the roller.

John,
Have you had time to look into this conversion?  I called a dealer in my area and he had never heard of it ... he told me  he would contact Carefree and get some info.  I just think I would use my awning more if it was quicker to deploy. It is easy now ... it's just when all of a sudden you decide to run to the store or play a round of golf it is a hassle to roll it up ... so you don't put it out to start with.  I am getting ready to try a few months in the southwest this winter and in my wanderings I have noticed that most RV's don't take the time each day to roll it out. 

No I have not, and I'm not planing on pursuing it much at this time due to financial issues.

But I am going to look into it after this house is sold.

Does anyone know are theses available for the A&E two step also, boy would we love that feature. We have had such bad luck with awnings we may as well leave them in all the time. We have a 2006 Fleetwood Storm w/ A&E two step and have replaced the frame work one, the roller tube once, the rear arm again and the cloth one all in 15 months.

Gary & Eileen

I know what they say never leave them unattended ut a half hour trip down town and return to find a damaged awning.

I think we need a lot of help. PLEASE

I am still trying to find a service center that has any experience with this.  I have talked to a couple of Carefree vendors but they hadn't even heard of it.  I found one that is researching it now.  If he shoots me a decent price I am going to have it installed.  I'll let you know how it works if I get it done.  By the way the literature suggests that it will work with A&E ... that's what I have.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom