Cargo area LED lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merc123

Finally got around to finishing the LED install.  It uses magnetic switches in the landing gear area so when you open the door they come on and off when you close. It works on either door. I also put some in the tongue box area that daisy chains off the other one.

Turned out well I think. Not sure how much I'd use them at night being my first camper, but it's always nice to have light in areas you normally don't.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 38
LED conversion interior also. Incandescent is first set LED is second.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 24
You will be happy with it the first time you pull into your campsite at night and need your leveling blocks and utility hookup gear.

Roodie said:
You will be happy with it the first time you pull into your campsite at night and need your leveling blocks and utility hookup gear.

Yep!  I know our "main" camp trip we take yearly,we don't get down there until dark. Now I need to rig undercarriage lights so I can see landing gear and block locations

I did all the cargo areas in our 5th wheel last year, along with all the interior cabinets, with reed switches and led modules. I also swapped the interior fixtures with 6" superthin led panels and the undercabinet ones with led strips in aluminum profiles. It is well worth it the first time you go looking for something and don't need a flashlight!

Attachments

• FotoFlexer_Photo1.jpg
    FotoFlexer_Photo1.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 18
  • FotoFlexer_Photo2.jpg
    FotoFlexer_Photo2.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 16
Didn't think about cabinets. How do you get the wires in there?

Most of them had power running through them that I just tapped into, those that didn't I ran power from the batteries.

Back
Top Bottom