cargo carriers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vbarnett1025

I have a 31ft travel trailer pulled by an F250.  I need some advice for cargo carriers.  I always haul firewood and bicyles.  I have seen cargo carriers attached to the rear of the trailer and a bike rack attached also.  Any ideas or advice.  I have looked online at many carriers...anyone use one they really like?  thanks

I studied every cargo carrier online I could find, mostly at Amazon, then I stopped at a few shops I ran into one day,  to see theirs and one shop sent me to another shop and  lo and behold they had just what I wanted and were willing to assemble and install it for me too right then and there.  Bingo!  Otherwise I was planning to order and assemble one I liked.

I chose aluminum, a bit more pricey, but it's lighter in weight but still was rated at 500 pounds carrying capacity.

I bought an offset  dual hitch with mine because I wanted my cargo carrier higher up off the ground but they make cargo carriers with built-in bike racks too.  I can also lower mine back down then hang a bike rack off the 2nd hitch.

Good luck and keep looking until you figure out what you want and what works. I went with a 500 pound carrying capacity, figuring it would be stronger even though I don't carry near that much on it.

I watched a funny guy in a campground on the lot next to me unload SIX bikes off his cargo carrier, and each bike was a different color and size (4 kids and small wife).  It was funny to hear him count them as he unloaded them then finished by saying 1-2-3-4-5- SIX bikes!  Cool!  I didn't lose any! 

Back
Top Bottom