Carpet removal/heat reduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokeater1

My 2005 Minnie on the Ford E450 creates a fair bit of heat through the floor. Worst was the passenger footwell. I used a heat shield from Koolmat on the exhaust manifold on that side and it reduced the "hot foot" for my wife a fair bit. The floor area between the seats get pretty warm and since our Boston Terrier likes her bed in that spot I wanted to do something to cool it down. My plan was to remove the seats, pull up the carpet and lay down a layer of Koolmat material. This was to block the heat and further sound proof the cockpit. After removing the drivers seat I find the carpet is glued down !
Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the carpet up without destroying it ? Some sort of release agent ?
I did not want this to be a huge project. I may try and cover a section of the koolmat  with carpet and use it as a mat rather than under layment.

Thanks,

Jack.

Jack- usually up under the front of the passenger compartment, and under the drivers pedals there won't be any glue holding your carpet down. Just get a good pair of pliers and gently peel the carpet back.
On another note- does your dog house have good insulation? If it does not, there are many kinds you can get and install that yourself. That is perhaps the greatest source of heat transfer that you can block. I have use the foam/mylar insulation from JC Whitney. You attach that with spray on contact cement. There is also  a foil tape that you can use to cover the seams to really make your job look good. This will help in the noise and heat reduction. Good luck, Ernie Ekberg, driving a Wanderlodge

Looks like I will have to just cover the existing carpet as it is glued down completely. I fould a carpet place that will make any size or shape I need with bound edges. I'll do that and glue the koolmat to it.

Jack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom