Carpet Repacement Cost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom:

I just checked the HD web site and cannot find any kinds of pads, one sided or two sided sticky.

Let me ask this question, if your pad is two sided sticky, what happens when you roll up your runner to put it away?  Does the pad stick to the runner or the carpet or what?  Does it cause any damage to the carpet if you remove it?

Does WM also sell this stuff?

Smoky said:
Let me ask this question, if your pad is two sided sticky, what happens when you roll up your runner to put it away?

Ask Chris at Moab. I've already passed on her answer twice.

Does WM also sell this stuff?

I answered that one twice also.

tom:

Why can't you just answer me?  I am serious about trying to solve this problem.  Hope I did not come across to you the wrong way.  :(  You are making me feel bad that I asked the questions.

If I am missing something I am sorry, but I am an ole farte and just don't see your answers.  I sometimes wonder where you are coming from?  Or is it just this cyberspace thing?  If your answer is in another thread, can you give me a clue as to which thread?.  The simple and helpful thing to do is just give me the answer right here and keep the flow of this thread going.  Sorry if I am thick in my head.

Smoky said:
Why can't you just answer me?

I already did - in this topic, twice. Once again my answers were thrown back in my face, because you couldn't find it on some web site. Chris doesn't buy it online - she goes to the store, either HD or WM, whichever she happens to be near. Oh, in case you missed it, it's tacky on both sides. That be 3 times, in this topic.

As for rolling it up, I don't normally do that, Chris does. The few times I've removed one of the rugs, it's been stuck to both the upper and lower carpet. Maybe you'll now believe it's tacky both sides  ???

I already know yours is tacky on both sides from your previous messages.  That is not what my latest questions were asking.  See my PM.

I won't ask you any more questions and apologise for unintentionally troubling you. 

Maybe someone else knows the answers?  I would just like to solve our runner problem.

Maybe here is part of our confusion?

You said:

"Does WM also sell this stuff?

I answered that one twice also."

But when I read above I still read that you said HD, not WM.  Did you originally mean to say WM?  If so, that would answer at least half my confusion about your responses.  :D

Smoky,

Both answers were correct, because both stores sell it, or at least Chris has bought it both places. Yes, I did mean Home Depot and yes, I did mean WalMart. As I said, either HD or WM, whichever she (Chris) happens to be near to.

As for HD's web site, don't believe everything you read on the internet. Within the last couple of weeks another discussion here on a different subject turned up an answer on a store's web site which was different from my experience at several of that company's stores.

OK Tom.  The initial WM comment sort of threw me as WM was not mentioned initially in the thread.  There was no "bridge" so to speak to buying the product at both places.  I apologise for my confusion.  See my PMs and maybe give me a buzz on the phone?  I would really like to get my hands on the dual sided sticky underlay if your experience is that it does not hurt either carpet.  It would be the perfect solution for us.  You would not believe how frustrated the Admiral is over this runner thing... and of course that makes me frustrated.  :D

Going off now to check the WM web site.

Hmmm.  Wonder if you meant WM b y saying "your favorite campground store."?

I was thinking of Camping World, but now am wondering if you meant WM? 

Woo Hoo!  Tom!  I found it!!!

Dig this:

This rug pad keeps area rugs in place on any type carpet and gives them a smooth, solid appearance. Miracle Hold.
Available in 5' x 8' , 6' x 9' and 8' x 11'; choose a size from the Select Size pull-down menu
Made expecially for use with area rugs that are placed over carpet to give the area rugs a smooth, solid appearance
Holds any type rug in place on any type carpet
Provides a supportive base and adds body for delicate rugs
Adds minimal thickness
With proper maintenance, guaranteed to retain its nonslip properties for 10 years
Will not stain, discolor or transfer color to flooring or rugs
Has a permanent, self-contained dry adhesive that holds the cushion to the top of the carpet pile and the back of the rug as long as the rug is horizontal
You can lift the rug and remove it with no transfer of adhesive to the carpet or rug
Cuts easily with household scissors to custom-fit any size or shape rug
Conforms to floor with no edge to catch heels
Reduces pile crush or wear areas
Requires no taping or seaming
Made in USA
Model No.V20036
Available exclusively at Walmart.com

Model No.: V20036

Shipping Weight (in pounds): 4.63

Product in Inches (L x W x H): 134.0 x 90.0 x 0.0

Assembled in Country of Origin: USA

Origin of Components: USA

Wal-Mart No.: 002030702

Top of Page

You think maybe that is what you guys have???

Smoky said:
Hmmm.  Wonder if you meant WM b y saying "your favorite campground store."?

Phew, I thought you weren't going to get it.

Smoky said:
Woo Hoo!  Tom!  I found it!!!

Congratulations. Don't forget to offset the price with the free night's camping. Heck, stay there a week and you'll have paid for the pad.

With proper maintenance, guaranteed to retain its nonslip properties for 10 years

As I said, don't believe everything you read on the internet. We haven't been able to get that much life out of the stuff in any of our applications. We use our coach only 4-5 months a year and the pad in our coach is due for replacement after two years. But then, the coach probably sees more abuse than any of our other applications for the pad.

Smoky,

I haven't seen any "damage to either carpet" in our use, but then we probably don't have the same carpets. The result might vary with type of carpet and pile.

FWIW we also use the tacky pad at home - we have a runner turned sideways on the family room carpet at the entrance from our deck. We're (I'm) paranoid about dirt being walked in on carpets, especially the very light color carpet at home and in the salon of the boat. We take our shoes off, but the runner or rug gives us a landing strip so to speak.

Smoky

I have bought the tacky pad at HD which comes 2' by 4' or 2' by 8'.  One was sticky on both sides and the other one was sticky on one side, I thought, and then realized that the shiny side needed to be removed before that side was sticky.  The last one I bought was called Carpet Gripper and the other one was called Carpet Mate which had the shiny side.  They both work good. I bought the Carpet Gripper at HD on Dysart north of I-10 and the Carpet Mate at HD on Grand and Bell Rd.  Hope this helps.

Thanks Lorna. Now I have to apologize to Chris. She kept insisting it was available at HD when I suggested she might be mistaken because of what I'd read here.

then realized that the shiny side needed to be removed before that side was sticky.

That's had me fooled with a number of "double sided" products  :-[

Thanks guys for all the help!  :D

Tom it is possible at the HD I went to that it was not stocked at that location.  The clerk there was not very helpful and I had to dig through stuff on my own.  I did buy the one that had the tape adhered to the sticky side and we removed it and then attached the sticky side to the runner and the rubberized side laid on the main carpet.  We never found any double sided.  Also the widest roll they had was 6 inches.  We ended up cutting 4 two foot strips and placing them in the outer edged at each side of the runner.

Now with all this additional info, I will get the one at WM that is cut to runner size and sticky on both sides.  That should solve our problem!  The Admiral is delighted that we have gotten this help on the forum and now I have another "honey do" to work on!  ;D

P.S.

I hope no one minds my adding that we do not "camp" at WM nor do we ever consider their parking lot a "campground."  We only stay at a WM for no more than one night, when we are on a long haul and traveling cross country and have to make a quick stop without all engaging all the usual campground involvements.  We do spend about 5 grand a year on campgrounds.  I just want everyone to be clear on that.    ;D

We do staunchly defend WM's right to invite RVs to stop for one night, and we think that is a wonderful public relations gesture.  Maybe our support and appreciate for WM's policy makes us sound like "campers" LOL!  :D

Glad you got it all figured out Smoky.

it is possible at the HD I went to that it was not stocked at that location.  The clerk there was not very helpful and I had to dig through stuff on my own.

I used to be impressed with Home Depot stores and their employees, but that was a long time ago. I've seen both go downhill, resulting in what you were faced with at that store.

BTW you do realize that the "camping at WM" was a joke, right?

Aye Tom we have the same impression of HD.  Not like it used to be.  I think Lowes does a slightly better job of helping customers.  But the one I really like (but more limited product line) is Ace Hardware.  Every community we go to the locals brag about how friendly the service is.  When we visited Ron, he bragged that someone would greet us at Ace within 10 seconds when we went there to get dish mounting parts.  It only took them 5 seconds.  My friend in McCall Idaho made the same brag with the same results.  It must be part of Ace's culture.  I see the same thing at Sunrise AZ.  Everywhere I go.

Yeah I knew it was a joke, but I began to worry the casual surfers might think wrongly.  Don't stop the kidding though, it makes me feel part of the gang!  :D

Smoky said:
But the one I really like (but more limited product line) is Ace Hardware.

Be sure to clarify which AH when you mention them. Ron doesn't have the same high opinion of all their stores.

The folks at our "local" AH are usually quite helpful, but most times they don't have everything I need and I usually feel like I've wasted a 14 miles round trip. e.g. it's quite frustrating to find the bolts I need, but no nuts to fit them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom