Carrying electric bike/scooter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I know that a number of folks have one or more folding electric bikes/scooters such as the one that Chris Pennings is riding in the attached photo. How do you carry them? Do they sit in the basement or in the toad? Do they merely sit on their stand, or have you built a cradle for them? Photos would be especially helpful.

TIA

Tom

Attachments

• ChrisP.jpg
    ChrisP.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 66
Tom,

I store the scooter I had at QZ in the back of the Jeep.  See the attached photo.

Attachments

• Scooter in Toad.jpg
    Scooter in Toad.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 47
Tom,

I am currently developing an folding electric cart/golf cart. Do you think it might be something RV'ers would consider? :-\

Thanks Jim. Appreciate the photo. We have a pair of the scooters and I was hoping to come up with some kind of a cradle that would allow them to be stowed "upright", bot folded.

Tom,

I could stand it up if I released the seat and set it aside.  It is not a big deal to break it down as it only takes 2 levers and a a release pin.  VBG

Thanks Jim. I was just trying to figure out how to prevent them falling over if I sat them in the vertical, but folded, position.

Tom,

It would be easy to rig a box to support the scooter uprright in the Jeep with the seat off.  A couple of short 4X4s with cross pieces should do it.  VBG

That's the kind of thing I was thinking of Jim, thanks.

James Godward said:
.... rig a box to support the scooter upright in the Jeep ..... A couple of short 4X4s with cross pieces should do it.

Jim, I finally got around to making the "box" today. A base made of particle board and 4 stacks each comprised of  two 2x4x12 and  one 1x4x12. All wood & particle board came from scrap pieces I had laying around in the garage. Haven't tried it in the Burb yet but, provided I can lift those puppies, it will work just fine. Now if only I could figure out where I put the chargers!

Thanks for the tip.

Hi Jim,

Chris has the camera with her today. I'll have to take a photo when she gets home, or probably in the morning.

Heck if I know which brand they are ; Some no-name brand we bought "new" at a local garage sale last year. They're pretty good, although they struggle a bit with me aboard  ;D

Jim,

Finally got around to taking a couple of photos of the scooters in their stowed position in the back of the Burb. The rack/stand is a prototype, but seems to work just fine. The brand of scooter is Xcooter.

Attachments

• scooters.jpg
    scooters.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 230
  • scooters2.jpg
    scooters2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 143
Robert,

Yes, we used the scooters at Lancaster and today at Pomona.

Back
Top Bottom