Cat C9 vs. Cummins ISL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CurtRR

I'm looking for a 40 ft., 4 slide, 400 hp motorhome for fulltiming.? A local motor home repair shop with a good reputation  recommended the Country Coach Tribute 260.? It has the Cat C9, 400 hp, 1100 lb./ft torque.? Everything else in the running has the Cummins ISL, 400 hp, 1200 lb./ft. torque.

Okay you engine experts, which one's best and why?

More questions to come.

IMHO both the Cat and the Cummins are excellent engines.  I wouldn't let either of the two engines sway a decision on which coach to buy.  If the Coach you like best is clean and has had good maintenance records either engine would be good.  We have always had Cummins but that is because the coach we liked came with them we would have made the same purchase even if the engine would have been a Cat.

I'm with Ron. We've had both CAT & Cummins and I don't have a preference for one over the other.

We have a CAT in our  99 Country Coach and are members of the CAT Owners club.  They have a cute saying..."if it ain't a CAT, it's a dog."  We have also  had a Cummins in a prior Country Coach.  Both engines have done quite well. 

Betty

Betty Brewer said:
We have a CAT in our? 99 Country Coach and are members of the CAT Owners club.? ?They have a cute saying..."if it ain't a CAT, it's a dog."? We have also? had a Cummins in a prior Country Coach.? Both engines have done quite well.?

Betty

I love that line!  Now, how good has your 99 Country Coach been?  Do you recommend the company?

CurtRR said:
I love that line!? Now, how good has your 99 Country Coach been?? Do you recommend the company?

We really like the Country Coach. The company has been very good to us from service, to  parts to rallies and tech support.  We visit the factory in Junction City, Oregon  almost every year and Terry always wants a new coach(bigger engine) , but I like the one we have so well I see no need to change up for a bigger price tag! We found the quality to be excellent and have had only minor repairs to contend with in 85,000 miles.We ordered it new.  We have lived in the rig full time the past 3 years and taken it to Mexico and Alaska. Terry does much of the maintenance himself and he  keeps up with all of the scheduled maintenance.  If you get a chance I would recommend a factory tour as you see from the inside out how they  pay attention to details in production. 

Betty

Betty, I think your last statement is probably as important as anything you could have said,  "If you get a chance I would recommend a factory tour as you see from the inside out how they  pay attention to details in production."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom