Cat not offering 10% discount in 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wagonmaster2

I understand Cat will no longer give their 10% discount after 12/31/12.  Does anyone know if the fan hub bearing on the Cat C-7 engine is a Cat part or a Freightliner part?  If it doesn't blow out on me before then I'm planning on having it replaced sometime either this fall or next spring at a FL Oasis shop that is also an authorized Cat repair shop in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  If Cat isn't giving the discount by next spring I'm wondering how much I'll be able to use with the FL membership.  Maybe the shop is the only one that can answer my questions.

Also, is everyone going to continue sending in their dues for the Cat Diesel Club when the discount no longer applies?

It is bound to be a CAT part as it is part of the engine. Since CAT is longer in the OTR (over the road) market it stands to reason that they would be dropping all the OTR related stuff.

The Cat RV Club is now the Diesel RV Club.  Here is the new club web site.

Alfa38User said:
It is bound to be a CAT part as it is part of the engine. Since CAT is longer in the OTR (over the road) market it stands to reason that they would be dropping all the OTR related stuff.

I have not heard any reports of problems obtaining Cat parts. The relationship of the Cat RV Owners Club with Cat was the reason the parts discount was dropped.

When the group went from a Cat club to a Diesel club it was only a matter of time until Cat would decide to drop any discount. As it turns out, a short time. Then with the troubles of the new updated software while trying to renew membership, (you have to tell it you forgot your password in order to get it to recognize you) the whole shebang is getting pretty tedious. I paid my money this year, but was one more "you are on the wrong page" screen away from the delete button.

One can only read how to recalibrate your dipstick, change your antifreeze, and where the grease fitting on the infamous fan hub is, so many times until you visit less and less. Now with multiple brands we will see an increase in questions about some other brand that I don't care about. The initial attraction for me was a group about my specific engine brand. Now that it's diluted, what makes that group different than any other forum?

The Beaver owners group (BAC) recently did a similar thing. Since they are no longer making the Beaver brand they opened the group to a certain percentage of other brand owners. Again, an attempt to enlarge membership, but diluting the value of the group by introducing other brands. (along with some other heavy handed tactics which are off topic from this discussion)

This is only my opinion and I'm sure someone will point out how wrong I am.

Ken

And now for the past 2 weeks, my anti-virus software advises that it thinks there is some type of virus attached to opening the new website. They got my money for 2013, but they won't be getting anymore. It's simply not worth the effort for that site.

Ken

Regarding those mal-ware warnings....

Many mal-ware sited drill down a page or two past the "home page" you open, and if the site is all or in part, advertising supported (As many are) then in many cases they sign a contract with a company such as Google Ads.. Google Ads pays them to let them basically "Rent a billboard" for their advertising.

This is much like a farmer leasing some land to CBS-Advertising for a billboard.

The farmer has no control over what CBS ad puts on the board, Neither does the web site.

Some of the advertisers are really "mal-ware-are-us , com " (made up but approporate name) and thus the site gets a warning.

Takes like 2 seconds for the warning to be added,  2 weeks for it to be deleted after the offending ad is nuked.

bucks2 said:
When the group went from a Cat club to a Diesel club it was only a matter of time until Cat would decide to drop any discount. As it turns out, a short time. Then with the troubles of the new updated software while trying to renew membership, (you have to tell it you forgot your password in order to get it to recognize you) the whole shebang is getting pretty tedious. I paid my money this year, but was one more "you are on the wrong page" screen away from the delete button.

Another problem is that there already is a Diesel-RV group on Yahoo, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Diesel-RV/, so what makes this one different and special.  In addition, I get the Yahoo group information delivered to my in box on my email program and don't have to spend time on line.  The only forum I work on line is this one and I still gripe about it. I also don't particularly like RSS either!

... I get the Yahoo group information delivered to my in box on my email program and don't have to spend time on line.  The only forum I work on line is this one and I still gripe about it.

Depending on your email client, you can receive messages posted here in your mailbox  ;)

[quote author=Jim Godward]????[/quote]

Here. We've (had) the feature turned on for the last 7 years  ;)

Back
Top Bottom