Cat3126 with allison 6speed transmission problem.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rnnate

While I was replacing some coolant hoses I noticed that transmission fluid was pouring out .

Fatal error on that video. Where is the fluid coming from? Don't need no stinking video. Words came first.

Do you think the leak was there before you touching your coolant lines? Can you describe your coolant line replacements if otherwise. Allison in motorhomes do not have coolant going nearby. The tranny fluid goes to and from the radiator.

Changing the coolant lines and the transmission problem are not related. The transmission fluid only leaked/poured out when engine is running. As soon as you turn it off it stops

Respectfully, the problem is yours not mine/ours. No one 'cares' about video that is not loading from the link.

Respectfully, the problem is yours not mine/ours. No one 'cares' about video that is not loading from the link.
The video is, indeed there, but it doesn't like my (older) browser when I try to play it. That may well be your problem, or perhaps a firewall, or Javascript disabled, or...

Yup. My bad. It was the video not liking my browser. Good catch. Coming back to the problem, It looks bad. But wont kill your tranny yet. Logical thinking cap on. The kind of flow suggests nothing ugly like a seal broken. That wont create such continuous nice flow. It could also leak slowly while stopped. Since it is hapenning while the engine is on, tranny fluid running, and taking your word for non leaking while off, my expectation would be on the top side of the transmission. Allison has couple of sensors on the top side and an overfill pressure relief valve that blows with too much fluid. Instead of me defining Allison based on all possibilities, why dont you tell me the exact sequence of your action which led to the problem and may be I can help solve it or guide you towards the cheapest solution.
Also to start with, you will have to pull out your bed and the platform to expose the engine and top of the tranny.

On a sister website, irv2.com, is an Allison Transmission website with several experts assisting with questions. One is a retires Allison fluids engineer.
The video IMO shows a direct leak from a pressure hose,valve, or monitor. I suspect unni is correct.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom