Cavalier brand wall furnaces? manuals? info?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roadmeat

Hi I got a 30k btu LP Cavalier brand wall furnace with a 120v blower and for the life of me in this day in age of everything you would want to know on the internet I cannot find any info on these units.  I assume the company either went out of business or was bought by another company?
I cannot find a model number plate either, so that further hampers my research.

I am trying to find  a user manual and installation instructions to see how and where I can install it?  any help would be greatly appreciated.- Greg

Attachments

• furnace.jpg
    furnace.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 21
It's a 120v electric, wall mount heater, so not much to learn about it. It appears to be a surface mount rather than recessed type and the power cord appears to be for a 15A source and thus a 1500 watt heater.  Is the plug end of the cord a standard 15A 3-prong? Or is their no plug at all (designed to hardwire)?

If it doesn't have keyhole slots on the back to hang over mounting screws, it is probably intended to be screw to the wall through the back panel, meaning the front panel is removed to get at the mounting holes.

Nope its actually a LP (propane) furnace with a 120v blower not an electric furnace.  do you know anything about the brand or where I might find any info? it is a direct vent, surface wall mount. So I wished I had information on clearances from floor or above to combustible materials  etc...

Cavalier is made by the U S Stove Company. Contact them, preferably with the model number. They should be able to tell you what you need to know, and most likely provide a manual.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
An LP furnace without external air intake & exhaust?  A catalytic type, I hope? In any case, you do need a bit more info, then.

Nope - its a direct vent which means it has a dual purpose vent out the back of unit, with inner exhaust pipe and larger external combustion air intake. i should have taken a photo of the back exhaust or the gas supply so that people would see what it is, but I did describe pretty well if people read it. Direct vent is "vented" to outdoors, what you are thinking of is all the "ventless" heaters they sell out there.

There should be a model number on it somewhere, that would help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom