CBD oil for dogs and humans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chamorrohappiness

I have recently started to try out cannabis oil aka:cbd oil on my older 15 yr old dog who has been dealing with the onset of arthritis in her back legs and losing her sight.  It had been about a week and already I have seen an improvement. I have taken it for myself before and recommended it to many others. I am aware of the benefits and always have known and a proud user of marijuana. My question is who else had tried it on their animals and/or themselves and also your opinion on the result. I have started selling this oil and wanted to get opinions to help others in trying this new venture.

(Moderator edit - removed sales URL)

You may run into opposition from some state laws depending on the state CBD oil has been  Given FDA approval for one condition in humans.  But some states still resist it's use...

Now if you want my opinion of those states.... YOu will need to
1: Request it and
2: Stand by with a fire extinguisher.

Note that I do not use it or the product it is made from. But.. See the opinion comments.

Since I am required to take approx 10 prescription drugs a day several of them have the side effect of insomnia so another drug was prescribed (ambien). Since using the oil and gummies there is no more use for the ambien and wife says I am in a much better mood.....now where are those cookies?

CBD oil comes from hemp and is NOT mj. Wife and I have both used it with positive results for backaches, etc.

I use CBD oil myself & so does my dog. It's amazing . I use CBD oil or my old dog and for me for our joint aches & the light for my anxious terrier. I do believe it makes a difference. This could be placebo effect but don't really care as long as it works

(Mod edit: commercial link removed)

BruceinFL said:
CBD oil comes from hemp and is NOT mj. Wife and I have both used it with positive results for backaches, etc.
This is a point that many do not know plus the amount of THC (the stuff that MJ has which makes you feel goofy) is very minimal in CBD.  I don't know if it is totally legal in Missouri but I noticed a storefront on the highway to Branson, Mo recently and the name is CBD Oil Store.  Never tried either CBD or MJ and I do have bad arthritis but am working with other pain management procedures at present. With COPD any smoking of mj is not in my plans and I wonder how many in later years will be joining me in the COPD club as a result of smoking mj.  Just saying.

Bill

Thanks to the moderators for knocking out the commercial part of the OPs initial post.  It is quite obvious he is getting his desired responses but not much for sales unless some are going to him via PM.

Bill

Haven't seen CBD oil in a MLM yet....but just a matter of time.
I wonder....is Amway making it yet? :p

The CBD sold over-the-counter should not contain any THC, the active "mood enhancer" in MJ.  If it does, it is subject to the Controlled Substance laws and the DEA. States that permit medical or recreational use of THC-containing substances may differ, of course.

All CBD oil is extracted from Cannabis plants. Hemp & marijuana are both in the Cannabis family, but hemp has mostly just the cannabidiol and no THC, so no psycho-actives.  You can get CDB oil from mj plants too, but the THC must be filtered out to stay legal in most places.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
The CBD sold over-the-counter should not contain any THC, the active "mood enhancer" in MJ.  If it does, it is subject to the Controlled Substance laws and the DEA. States that permit medical or recreational use of THC-containing substances may differ, of course.

All CBD oil is extracted from Cannabis plants. Hemp & marijuana are both in the Cannabis family, but hemp has mostly just the cannabidiol and no THC, so no psycho-actives.  You can get CDB oil from mj plants too, but the THC must be filtered out to stay legal in most places.

Gary you are always a fountain of good information on the Forum so allow me a moment to just ask if those Controlled Substance laws and the DEA are the same ones that, federally, say mj is illegal in any form yet turn a blind eye to states that choose to legalize it both for medical and recreational purposes.  It seems pretty obvious that such federal laws are on a slippery downhill slope to repeal since no enforcement seems to be taken.

Once mj is completely legalized what will be the next 'drug of choice' that the masses will demand to be legalized.  I think we can only guess at how many drug zombies are among us now much less in the future.  Maybe automatic driven cars are not such a bad idea.

Bill

Yes, same federal laws.  I don't totally agree with your characterization of them, though. While the DEA  has so far avoided a direct confrontation with the states  that have legalized MJ, there is still a lot of behind-the-scenes effort to make life difficult for businesses in those states.  A confrontation is being avoided because it's not at all clear the feds would win a Supreme Court challenge the states' rights to regulate  recreational drugs use. The case for a "compelling national interest" is weak at best.

Disclosure: I personally favor legalization of marijuana, even though alcohol is my drug of choice.

Once mj is completely legalized what will be the next 'drug of choice' that the masses will demand to be legalized.  I think we can only guess at how many drug zombies are among us now much less in the future.
I wouldn?t worry about it. I?m sure when the time comes there will be supreme being willing to tell us all what?s best for us. That one person or group who knows what?s right for everyone. There always is!

Bill N said:
Once mj is completely legalized what will be the next 'drug of choice' that the masses will demand to be legalized.  I think we can only guess at how many drug zombies are among us now much less in the future.  Maybe automatic driven cars are not such a bad idea.

Bill

I think the next drug of choice is already way out of control and creating zombies. However it's completely legal. Ever heard of Opioids?
I'm also with Gary on the legalization of MJ. I do not partake, but feel it's certainly safer than other drugs, including alcohol.

Koodog said:
I think the next drug of choice is already way out of control and creating zombies. However it's completely legal. Ever heard of Opioids?
I'm also with Gary on the legalization of MJ. I do not partake, but feel it's certainly safer than other drugs, including alcohol.
A bit misleading when saying it is completely legal -yes when prescribed it is legal.  But Meth, cocaine and heroin are far from legal as a pain reliever.  Opiods will be with us for a long time and will be used by many for a long time and legally when prescribed. Those addicted will just be killing themselves off in time by going the illegal route and finding out that Narcan was not available when they ODed.
(disclosure:  I do not favor any mind altering drug unless it is for purposes of pain relief and then only in an amount needed for those purposes.  Alcohol is already a given but I feel the Lord gave us a brain capable of making rational decisions without the aid of mind altering drugs.)

Bill

Don't forget that the USA tried (and failed) to make another "mind altering" drug illegal back in the 1920's, i.e. alcohol Prohibition.  A high percentage of humans have been altering their consciousness in various ways since the world began, some with moderation and some to extremes.

CBD can be derived from the cannabis plant that's why it is safe for our pets. There is no substance that can harm them from using it then I saw this It is a major phytocannabinoid, accounting for up to 40% of the plant's extract. That's why it's safe.

Back
Top Bottom