CCW South Dakota pmb and Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ranbaker

I am a full timer. I use South Dakota as my domicile. I use America’s Mailbox as my mail forwarding so naturally get the PMB address on my drivers license. My question is has anyone been able to acquire a non resident CCW permit from Arizona using a pmb address?

Seems without a physical address its an issue. Searches have come up with nothing. Certainly a fellow pmber has dealt with this.

I am in AZ for another couple weeks so took their class and applied. I expect denial but might be happily surprised.

Also anyone get the new South Dakota enhanced using the box elder pmb?

Get your CCW from any state and AZ will recognize it. SD is a Shall Issue state, so the SD CCW would be accepted in AZ for those who live out of state.

I have a NV CCW, which is also welcome in AZ.

However, you do need a real address of some type. Anybody who will let you use theirs, should do.

BTW, can't full-timers use the address where they are staying for several months, say an RV Park or whatever?

-Don- Everglades, FL

When you full time RV you don’t have a physical address many times. So, your drivers license will show your address as the PMB address you gave them which is where you proved your mail was going to.

SD will issue the CCW using the pmb address. SD really is set up nicely for us full timers.

I am assuming Arizona will issue. We will see.

I don’t have a ccw from any state. So, that was my original question wondering if a nonresident with a pmb having no physical address received their non resident ccw from Arizona.

I applied almost 3 weeks ago, so we will see.

What's good about the AZ CCW is that a lot of other states give AZ reciprocity. FL and UT are also good states for this. Hopefully a favorable ruling in the spring will...

Arizona does not accept CCW from ALL States. Lots of states but not ALL.
That is true of several combinations. Some states the CCW is basically only good in that state.
Some it's good in many.. I do not know if any state's CCW's are good all over.

That said there are ways to transport, either personally or via common carrier. I only know the Common carrier method for sure (Take to a Federally licensed gun dealer have him ship it to a like dealer near where you are going, as a "Will Call" note you may need a permit in that state to pick it up).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom