CD-RW Won't Eject

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Johnson

My CD writer refuses to eject the disc when I am done writing to it.  The only way i can eject it is to shut the computer down and restart.  Then it will eject.  Any help?

A mechanical way of ejecting the disc Jim is to push a straightened-out paper clip in the small hole in the front cover of the drive. Doesn't solve the main problem, but gives you a workaround without having to reboot.

Ron,

I had forgotten about the paperclip.  I have already tried the right click on the CD icon and that does not work.

Jim,
Your problem might not be mechanical at all. CD writing software must 'close' the disk before it lets go of the writer and won't let you eject until that's been done. You might try the support page for your software and see if any updates are available, or go to the writer mfg site and check for new drivers. If that fails, try deleting your writer (go to Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, DVD/CD-ROM Drives) click the "+" sign in front, right-click on the drive and select "Uninstall".  Then re-boot your system and the drive should be re-recognized and installed. You may need your original install cd to complete the operation. Also try deleting the writing program and re-install it, as it may have been corrupted.  Good Luck!

Karl,

Sorry for the delay.  Have been out of town and off-line.  Thanks for the reply.  I will try your suggestions as soon as i get caught up.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom