Champion 2000 watt stackable pair with parallel set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonPam

Last week in a campground in Canada we experienced brown outs, and thankfully my Progressive EMS saved some equipment. However the temperatures were near 100 and I was dreaming about having a generator and so jealous of those that had one!

Recognizing we will be occasional users I?m looking at the Champion 2000watt stackable paired generators with parallel set up at 30amps. Can anyone report of recent use/success/failure. The search carried info dating back 4-5 years.

Of course I?d like to get a Honda or Yamaha generator, but can?t justify the cost.

Thanks for any input you all have.

DonPam said:
Last week in a campground in Canada we experienced brown outs, and thankfully my Progressive EMS saved some equipment. However the temperatures were near 100 and I was dreaming about having a generator and so jealous of those that had one!

Recognizing we will be occasional users I?m looking at the Champion 2000watt stackable paired generators with parallel set up at 30amps. Can anyone report of recent use/success/failure. The search carried info dating back 4-5 years.

Of course I?d like to get a Honda or Yamaha generator, but can?t justify the cost.

Thanks for any input you all have.

I follow this guy and his travels for boon docking location ideas..

he has two of those champions..

you might like to contact him for his opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRbGmxun1LI

otherwise all I can say is generally you get what you pay for, I prefer to pay more for a better more reliable product
sometimes cheaper is not better. these are half the price of a Honda..

https://www.loveyourrv.com/champion-generator-review-5-years-use/

Excellent referral!!

Thank you

Glad to see the great 5 year review on the Champions. We have 2 of the 2000 watt Champions and the parallel kit for almost 3 years but have only used 1 at a time. With our solar we really haven?t had a need yet to use them together. They have worked well separately. Thanks for posting the link.

Vicki

I have one Champion 2000 and it works very well.  I would like to get a second one eventually. It is also very quiet although not Honda quiet.  I was side by side with someone with a Honda and the Honda was slightly quieter.

Frank B said:
You may not need a pair of 2000 watt generators. Usually, when one has to pair them, it is to run an air conditioner. With a soft start kit for your air conditioner, most will run off a single 2000 watt generator.

I'll put my Champion 2000 watt generator up against a Honda any day of the week. For half the cost I might add.

Frank,
Can you elaborate on the soft start kit you mention? I can run my 13.5 ton AC on my 2000 watt Champion sometimes but sometimes it trips off when trying to start. A soft start kit sounds like just the ticket!

I highly recommend Champions. I have the dual fuel 3500w inverter unit right now, but have owned several over the years. Never used the gasoline feature, just propane which we carry all the time anyway. No need to carry gasoline, if you don't want to, but always an option if you need it.

Great unit and very quiet too.

Bhfromme said:
I'll put my Champion 2000 watt generator up against a Honda any day of the week. For half the cost I might add.

Frank,
Can you elaborate on the soft start kit you mention? I can run my 13.5 ton AC on my 2000 watt Champion sometimes but sometimes it trips off when trying to start. A soft start kit sounds like just the ticket!

I have had my Honda for several years, before the champion units became commonly available. If I were to do it again, I would probably try the champion.

Though I answered your PM directly, one can search for Microair, and find the post where I reported on the soft start unit.  This tablet is pretty useless except for reading the Forum, so I will try to edit this post and insert a link on my real computer in a moment.

https://www.microair.net/products/easystart-364-3-ton-single-phase-soft-starter-for-air-conditioners?variant=30176048267

And here is the link to my post where I reported on the unit.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,115568.msg1044798.html#msg1044798

Back
Top Bottom