Changing entry stairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your talking entry steps,, then the make and model RV would be appropriate..>>>Dan
I am talking about replacing steps in a 2016 Reactor 27Fs...........
I wonder if it is possible to change from the 2 step entry to a 3 step entry.
As of now I need an extra entry step (on the ground) to get to the first step on this trailer.
I am not sure how feasible this might be......................
Mike

I would start with the manufacturer of the steps on there now and ask if they have a three step version that would bolt right up.
That would be my first thought, but I believe Reactor is no longer in business, not even a website..............
Mike

It migh be an easy solution to use one of these steps. I have used ome for a long time now.
61lXXUgR36L._AC_UL232_SR232,232_.jpg

DW bought a stair step exercise platform years ago which after a week or so took up residence in a closet. Fast forward to when we got the RV, I saw it and immediately knew it'd be the ideal "last step". It's wide, deep and has removable risers to adjust for height depending on how much gap past the bottom step. Between that and the add-on grab handle next to the door getting and out for her is much safer.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

These would exert a lot of torque/pressure when stepping on the first step and can damage other things (aside from the flex). I have a two-step version and have added two retracting legs under the first one to reduce the flex when stepping on.
My bro-in-law had those braces on his steps...until the day he lowered the coach off the jacks before retracting the steps.

I thank you for the reply. Do you mind telling me where you got your
”two retracting stair legs”
Thank you
Mike
I don't have them. After my bro-in-law lowered his coach and bent the crap out of his steps I decided I didn't want them, just like those slide out supports they make.

I suppose the steps simply fold up a bit, that's what happens on mine.
I built my legs myself.
Yeah, his steps folded up a bit, but not at the pivot points. That was the problem. He had that support leg you can buy at Camping World.

I am talking about replacing steps in a 2016 Reactor 27Fs...........
I wonder if it is possible to change from the 2 step entry to a 3 step entry.
As of now I need an extra entry step (on the ground) to get to the first step on this trailer.
I am not sure how feasible this might be......................
Mike
We changed from the two step to the three step on our 2016 Aspen Trail 1900rb three years ago with no problem. It was a simple changeout.. Got the steps from etrailser..

Sorry, It was about 4 years ago and I don't have the model number available. It was simple enough to measure the width of the steps on my RV and compare the photos on etrailer with the steps I had.
I removed the bolts that held the old ones and bolted the new ones on..
It was that simple..

you said you replaced 2 steps
with a 3 step model, correct?

the replacement stairs you purchase, mounted in the same space, the 2 step was ?

how close is your bottom step to the ground?

Back
Top Bottom