Changing our life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judielaine

I'm planning a career change, taking my science, tech, and management skills and learning about GIS and natural resource management. My spouse does freelance tech work and will be learning GIS with me (focussing on the web front end).

We want to move to New Mexico, away from the land of high cost of living. We'd actually like to have a sustainable adobe home and a small ranch some day, but don't expect to make that happen immediately.

I am sick of paying rent, though, and we're thinking about RV homesteading. I can also see a benefit in an RV if we're doing survey work in rural areas as well. We're also interested in sustainable practices, like composting toilets, solar, wind, and biodiesel.

So we're newbies!

judielaine

judielaine, welcome to our forum. Sounds like you're preparing for a great lifestyle change. I'd be interested in hearing about any "sustainable practices" too. The only one I can think of right now that's used on RVs is solar.

The Four Corners is a great place for solar and wind power. And you can certainly make good use of solar power in your RV. But be careful....more and more counties in the area are passing restrictive building codes.

Wecome to the RV Forum.  Ask any question that you have concerning the RV lifestyle, join in on any of the ongoing discussions, or start new discussions.  Thanks for joining us.

Biodiesel eh?  Planning on buying it or making it your own?  I can sure point you to a few places that will help.

As for finding a diesel rig, hope you have a little dough saved up.  I couldn't find anything diesel for less that 20k even 20+ years old.  I bought the RV on a toyota chassis instead with hopes of converting.

www.biodieselcommunity.org is a good place to start

stay away from the JourneyToForever site

Back
Top Bottom