Changing your own MH Oil - not always so simple

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JoelP said:
BTW even after about 4000 miles this oil was rather black.  While in my car they say that 10K miles is OK I don't believe this for my RV engine.

You will find that every time that you change oil in your diesel it will look like black paint.

Another reason to get a Fumoto valve is to keep it off your hands.

Not trying to hijack your thread JoelP but I felt the urge to relate what I saw yesterday - something that may be known to a lot of folks already.  Went into Camping World to look for an 15 pin connector - no luck on that  - and on the way out I looked at their service price board.  Gas RV Oil Change - $165.  Diesel RV Oil Change = $300.  Gulp.  I have heard diesel changes are high but I just had probably the best oil/lube/filter change on my gas coach since I have had it.  It was done by my local Walmart which happens to have a high wide door and nice pit.  They even lubed every zirk that had not been touched by the 'experts' on any former oil change.  Total price = $50 but I did bring my own filter that I bought at OReillys for $5 and Walmart gave me a $2 credit.  Sorry Camping World but I am not one of those millionaires that can afford to pay triple price for an oil change nor am I physically able to do it myself any longer.

Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom