Charger of some sort

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Haywood

Ok, this is the last one that we know of. There's a charger/converter thing with two cylinders next to it. They're all screwed into the same board and right next to each other. Does anyone know what these are for and/or what they're suppose to go to? I was just assuming they went to batteries, but I'm not sure. Thank you! Again, so sorry for all of the posts.

Attachments

• IMG_20210504_114140467.jpg
    IMG_20210504_114140467.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210504_114036884.jpg
    IMG_20210504_114036884.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210504_114110045.jpg
    IMG_20210504_114110045.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20210504_114047204.jpg
    IMG_20210504_114047204.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 19
Also in the 1st picture sitting on top of the converter is a piece of a water pump. The pump may have been rebuilt by the previous iwner and he never disposed the part.
The second picture is your converter. A converter receives 110 volt AC and coverts it to 12volt DC for all your 12 volt DC items. It is also a battery charger to keep your on board battery charged.

And if you don't want to have future posts on why your batteries got wrecked, put it on the list to replace that POS converter. Even though it may "work" and is OK for testing, it's not something I'd keep long term. Waaay better stuff out there today. If you're intending on installing an inverter, then you could check the inverter and converter box with one unit that can do both.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

And if you don't want to have future posts on why your batteries got wrecked, put it on the list to replace that POS converter. Even though it may "work" and is OK for testing, it's not something I'd keep long term. Waaay better stuff out there today. If you're intending on installing an inverter, then you could check the inverter and converter box with one unit that can do both.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
And maybe move it away from the plumbing. Water and electricity don’t mix very well.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Any suggestions on good ones? Also, follow up question, I know we need batteries for the thing. From what I have figured out, we need marine batteries. Does anyone know how many batteries are usually in a camper and if there's any brand of battery that is best? All of your advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you 🙂

Stay away from "marine" batteries,, they are a dual purpose battery and don't do either job all that well.. You need deep dischargeable batteries for the house side of your system and "Start" batteries for the chassis system..>>>Dan

The number of batteries will depend on the room you have for them,,usually two or more for the "house" and at least one (or more) for the chassis start system.. You haven't said what type RV you have, I assume you have a gas rig either a class C or B .. It will make a difference..>>>Dan

It could have one or two,, preferably two if you have room on the tongue.. And you will obviously only need them for the 12 volt needs of the trailer,,lights,,water pump,, and maybe a radio.. If you have an air conditioner you will need a generator to power that and the battery system..>>>Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom