charging light on Aims inverter/charger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill c112

I just got my aims inverter/charger 3000amp hooked up...Seems every thing is working good except my charge light has been on most of the day...is it normal to do that. I have 2 lithium batteries in parallel...12v 206 ah each. I thought they were pretty well charged to begin with. hhhhmmm maybe not. I have the charge rate set at about 50%.

Depends on how the charge light works. It may mean "Charger enabled" in which case another interpertation is "Plugged into shore power" Or it may mean charging. All depends on how they built it.

What does it show for current out? (Also since it's powering the RV it may think it's charging)

I think you mean 3000 watts.
Also I saw something that said you are not suppose to wire lithium batteries in parallel. Something about built-in charge controllers.

Lithium batteries are fine in parallel. Series connection to increase their voltage can cause problems unless their Battery Management Systems are designed to allow series connections.

I have the Aims 1000 watt inverter and two 105 Ah lithium batteries. I'd like to hear about your experience with the larger inverter with 2 similar sized batteries. I've thought of upgrading to a 2,000 watt unit but with only 210 Ah's of lithium didn't think we had enough capacity to handle larger draws. Would be nice to power up the microwave on the Inverter but ours will not do it.

What model Aims 3000 is it? And do you have the remote or is that led directly on the inverter? Does it also have indicators for bulk/absorption/float as well? Multi-stage chargers are always charging, even if just "float mode".

Further, is the Aims calibrated for charging lithium batteries? They require a higher voltage to achieve full charge. Unless the Aims has a lithium charger profile in its set-up, I don't think the charge light would ever indicate a full charge.

What model Aims 3000 is it? And do you have the remote or is that led directly on the inverter? Does it also have indicators for bulk/absorption/float as well? Multi-stage chargers are always charging, even if just "float mode".

Further, is the Aims calibrated for charging lithium batteries? They require a higher voltage to achieve full charge. Unless the Aims has a lithium charger profile in its set-up, I don't think the charge light would ever indicate a full charge.
I have a PICOGLF30W12V120VR 3000 watt pure sign wave inverter/charger. It does have a setting for lithium batteries. It is a multi stage charger. I do have the remote but the light is on the charger itself. I did see that this afternoon the charge light is no longer yellow it is now green ....so I guess that means something. The batteries are charged and now go to go.....lol I guess.

I have the Aims 1000 watt inverter and two 105 Ah lithium batteries. I'd like to hear about your experience with the larger inverter with 2 similar sized batteries. I've thought of upgrading to a 2,000 watt unit but with only 210 Ah's of lithium didn't think we had enough capacity to handle larger draws. Would be nice to power up the microwave on the Inverter but ours will not do it.
I went through the same decisions. I have only had my set up for a week. Just finished hooking up everything to day. I decided to go with the bigger 3000 watt unit. I believe it will handle pretty much all the power I will need I think. I also got a 100 amp solar charge controller and 3 ...200 watts each solar panels. Think I am going to get a 4th panel and then I be done buying for now. We want to do a lot of boondocking out west like from montana down to arizona. Especially looking forward to Idaho next spring.

It depends on how long you want to run the larger draws. Lithium batteries put out pretty close to the same voltage and current regardless of their state of charge, that's why a Tesla has the same performance at 1/4 charge as it does at full charge.

Look at the maximum current ratings of your batteries. If you have two batteries rated at 100 amps (not amp-hours) each, that's 200 amps or 2400 watts maximum. A 2000 watt inverter will work fine and your batteries can run it at maximum power for about an hour. So 10 minutes heating up a couple of meals in a microwave that draws 1200 watts will use about 8% of your battery storage.

I do have the remote but the light is on the charger itself. I did see that this afternoon the charge light is no longer yellow it is now green ....so I guess that means something.
The color of the light indicates the charging stage. Changing from yellow to green indicates it has entered float charge mode, i.e. the charger thinks the battery is fully charged and it is merely keeping it there.

The color of the light indicates the charging stage. Changing from yellow to green indicates it has entered float charge mode, i.e. the charger thinks the battery is fully charged and it is merely keeping it there.
Tks Gary...I was hoping that is what it meant, when I saw it go from yellow to green but wasn't sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom