?Check Engine? light!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChipSmith

On our 2006 Four Winds, I have a check engine light on. I checked it with a code analyzer, it says I have a Heated Oxygen Sensor that is not heating ( replacement = ~$15). I haven?t had any running problems but don?t want to ignore the warning. Any experience with this particular malady? Is it difficult to replace? Help!

ChipSmith said:
On our 2006 Four Winds, I have a check engine light on. I checked it with a code analyzer, it says I have a Heated Oxygen Sensor that is not heating ( replacement = ~$15). I haven?t had any running problems but don?t want to ignore the warning. Any experience with this particular malady? Is it difficult to replace? Help!
O2 sensors are not usually hard to replace.  Generally there are 4 per vehicle, 2 per side, one in front of catalytic converter, one behind.  Take your code, or post it, we will tell you which one the code says.  They make a special socket that helps, but not necessary.  You might think it is running fine, but I'll guarantee you are getting less gas mileage, and on an RV, that hurts.  You really should fix it  ;)

As Spencerpj said, they are not difficult to change, but it helps to spray with PB Blaster or the equivalent and let it sit for a while before trying to loosen the sensor.  Although the part is cheap, I'd take a few minutes to be sure the problem isn't a loose ground, break in the wiring or corrosion at the connector before changing the sensor.  A couple minutes with the volt meter might find the problem is in power to the sensor.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom