Chet Parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeannine

Longtime forum member Chet Parks died today in Tucson. He had abdominal surgery a week ago and did not recover.

Chet joined the RV Forum when it was hosted on Compuserve. He, and his wife Laurie, provided full hookup sites and hospitality for many forum members on their property in Pennsylvania. They also attended many forum rallies. After they became full time RVers, their home base became the SKP Saguaro Co-op in Benson, AZ.

Laurie is currently in Benson. She is not active on this forum, but I will make sure she gets copies of messages posted on this thread.

With sadness...
Jeannine Wainwright

Longtime forum member Chet Parks died today in Tucson. He had abdominal surgery a week ago and did not recover.
We're so sad to hear this. We had dinner with Chet & Laurie when they were in Wyoming a couple of years ago, and Chet & I spent time shooting the breeze in their coach. Sincere condolences to Laurie and family.

Tom & Chris Jones

I spoke to him in the hospital last week, he was in good spirits and said he was getting discharged the next day. We are heading back to Benson and planned on seeing him later this week. This was a shock.

I spoke to him in the hospital last week, he was in good spirits and said he was getting discharged the next day. We are heading back to Benson and planned on seeing him later this week. This was a shock.
Bill,
Glad you and Jolene will be in Benson soon to support Laurie. We are stuck in Oregon for a while.

So sorry to hear this.

Chet and Laurie visited us for a few days a few years back. We really enjoyed their company.

The first time I met Chet he was parking next to us at the rally at Catalina state park near Tucson. He had that crazy green hair wig on.

Renae is shocked and we are both wishing Laurie our best.

Very sad to hear of Chet's passing.
Chet and Laurie were part of our New England group back in the 90's along with the Pat&Jim Dick, Fred&Daisy Thomas, Bill&Jolene, Pete Harpin and others my old mind can't remember at this moment. We had some great rallies.
Chet was kind enough to build Water softeners for our RV's that he had designed. This was long before I remember seeing commercially available RV softeners. Several of us used those softeners for many years. This was just one of his contributions to our group.

I'm sad to read this Chet seemed a very cheerful person who gave solid advice to others.

We will definitely miss him here on the forum.

Condolences to Laurie, his family and friends.

Sad to hear of Chet's passing. Only met him once a few years back but was hoping to cross paths during our travels. He was definitely one of the good guys and will be missed. Condolences to Laurie and family.

Our sincere condolences to Laurie. Chet made a water softener for us years ago which worked wonders on the Arizona water we were dealing with at that time. We also visited with Chet in Brenda, AZ and here at our SKP park, Timber Valley, in Oregon. He was one of the good guys!

Chet was one of a kind of individual with many interests and abilities. His love of photography was evident on the many trail rides he joined with
'RVForum" groups as we stopped for a "PhotoOp" after Photo op. My best recollection of something Chet shared was his love of sculpture. While visiting he and Laurie in Pennsylvania years ago, he introduced me to "Grounds for Sculpture" across river from him in NJ. I've forever been grateful for this tip. He and Laurie were advocates of SKP Park in Benson, Arizona. During one Halloween visit we danced, costumed and toured Bisbee, AZ to find another Chet recommendation.....the biggest meatloaf sandwich you'll ever get. We have so many wonderful memories from friends aka "Framily" on this
RVForum. May he rest in peace. Hugs to
Laurie.
Betty Brewer
With much sadness as we watch our long time friends Pass on.

Attachments

• IMG_2478.JPG
    IMG_2478.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
We met up with Chet and Laurie several times on our 2003 Alaska trip. It's hard to believe that was almost 20 years ago. Here's a photo of Chet and Laurie kayaking near Seward.Kayak (6).JPG

We are on our way back to Benson, and will arrive tomorrow. Hoping we can help Laurie with whatever she needs. Chet and I were drive buddies there, he would come by my site or I would go by his and say, want to go to xxx? We had a nice microbrew place in Tombstone to stop at for a short one.

He bought a Tesla last year and enjoyed showing off its tricks.

We first met Chet and Lauri back after we bought our first truck camper, the rally was in CT. Met Jim Dick at the same time as well as many forum oldtimers. Fred explained who his SMART friends were. Heard about Quartzsite. Going to be busy tomorrow.

We have arrived back in Benson, their son is with Laurie and she is doing pretty well, working thru tasks and staying focused. She is going to sell the coach, give up her lease here in the park, sell the car trailer and golf cart. Then move back east where the kids are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom