Chlorine in Water Causes Bladder Cancer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlGriefer

I just heard on the news about a study that reportedly show chlorine in water can increase the risk of bladder cancer either by drinking it or by bathing in it.  I did a quick search online and found the article here.

If we shouldn't use chlorine (bleach) in our water tanks, what alternatives are there?

Al

Hydrogen Proxide, though I forget how much.

Actually I'll give you a clue here... Using anything that extends  your life causes an increase in the risk for cancer.  Heart attack and selected other diseases and/or conditions including type 2 diabetes.

There was a time when someone in his 40's was considered an "Old man" this is cause most folks did not make it must past 35, Type 2 Diabetes (Formerly called Adult Onset) was nearly unheard of cause... Most people DIED before it had a chance.

Same with Cancer, and heart disease,,, People simply did not live long enough.

Then we found out how to purify water, how to properly cook food to kill off disease and many other life extending things so that a full life is now considered to be 3 score and 10.  Many folks live 4 score or more and centurians (5 score) are popping up more and more (my Grandmama made it to 101.5)

SO many diseases and conditions now have TIME to happen that did not before clornated water

I think most of us have visited locations where the chlorine in the city water is so high, you will buy bottled water.  If you flush out the chlorine to the extent that you cannot detect any odor, you're most likely safe.  Here is another case where, if you change a material or process because of a perceived hazard, over time you may find the new stuff is more hazardous.
Art

Thanks King,  I forgot that many restaurants also add ADDITIONAL choline to their water over and above what the city adds.  This makes it taste more like Chlorox and less like water.  I tend not to re-visit such places... Don't like drinking bleach.

Another factor in many studies which find _____ Causes cancer is that they feed the test subjects very high concentrations of _____ way higher than what we will ever encounter in real life... Example IN this example,, Did they use Chlorine at the concentration of a couple drops (Of household bleach)  per gallon, a quarter cup per five gallons or household belach straight out of the bottle?  if the latter... Well.. that's going to cause all sorts of problems.

AlGriefer said:
I just heard on the news about a study that reportedly show chlorine in water can increase the risk of bladder cancer either by drinking it or by bathing in it.  I did a quick search online and found the article here.

If we shouldn't use chlorine (bleach) in our water tanks, what alternatives are there?

Al

Use bleach in the tank and filter it before you drink it.  Just like the water purifying instructions say.  ;D

Phil

Geeze, I stopped putting water in my scotch and now you tell me that even washing my feet in the stuff is dangerous.

Next you'll be telling me that "Beer" is not just for breakfast anymore. 

What's a body to do?

OnaQwest said:
Geeze, I stopped putting water in my scotch and now you tell me that even washing my feet in the stuff is dangerous.

Next you'll be telling me that "Beer" is not just for breakfast anymore. 

What's a body to do?

Nah, beer, wine and booze are now good for you!  Go figure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom