Chrome Update - Security Patch ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Administrator
Hi folks - Please update chrome at the very first opportunity if you have it installed on your PC/laptop (even if you are not regularly using chrome).

An important security update patch was released by google on Friday and action is needed.

News and info here:

Hmmm... I am normally pretty skeptical about these things but I am sure this one is real.

I have Chrome auto update and it apparently did but I had not shut down and relaunched.

This image is apparently the latest build. To see you build

1 - click on the 3 vertical dots icon in the upper right of the screen
2 - Select Settings
3 - Select about chrome from the left hand nav bar near the bottom.

Thanks for the heads up Janet.

chrome.JPG

Just checked...latest version is on board.

NOTE the version number in the original post (ending in 84) is for WINDOWS.. Chrome for Chrome is a different newest version

The latest Linux and Android versions are the same: Version 99.0.4844.84

I think Google has all OS versions synchronized now...
This box is a dozer (Windoze) To the right is a Chromebook.. I checked.

I think the difference is that in the Chromebook the browser is embedded same as Edge in the Dozer... So I was reading the OS version instead of the application version.

This box is a dozer (Windoze) To the right is a Chromebook.. I checked.

I think the difference is that in the Chromebook the browser is embedded same as Edge in the Dozer... So I was reading the OS version instead of the application version.
Edge, Opera, and other Chromium based browsers should have their own updates either available or coming soon.

I just checked my Android Google Pixel 3a phone and the Chrome app for a version number. Looks like there is maybe an even later update than the one listed above. I have 99.0.4844.88

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom