Chrysler Van

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigJohn

I intend to tow a Chrysler van. The owners manual is silent on the subject of accumulating milage when the van is towed. Does anyone have experience with a 2006 Chrysler Van? Does the milage accumulate when towed. the van is new and I don't want to tow and lose the warranty miles.

Most late model vehicles have an electronic odometer and don't accumulate miles. Usually the odometer doesn't function unless the key isin the "ON" (not accessory) position and in most you can tow with the key in Accessory rather than ON.  A few, however, activate the odometer when the key is in Accessory - I can think of a couple GM models that are like that. On those, you pull a fuse to deactivate the odometer and other dashboard functions.

I think your Chrysler is OK without removing a fuse but defer to a Chysler owner for the final word.  You will, however, need to add a transmission lube pump to tow your minivan with all four wheels on the ground without damage to the transmission.

Gary

FWIW we tow our Burb without the key even in the ignition and it still accumulates miles.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom