Chrystal River, Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joyve

My husband and I are going to Chrystal River in Florida in February 2007, we have never been there.  Has anyone ever been there??? 
We have been RVing with our one and only 5th wheel, which is a sportsmen  with a garage for the Harley.  We are retired and have gone south twice and west once in the camper.  I am new to this forum.  We sure have learned a lot about this type of "camping" actually my "camper" is nicer than my "house".....  joyce

Crystal River is a nice town to visit - plenty of good restaurants, ocean fishing opportunities, good shopping, etc. Like most of Florida it gets pretty busy in the winter time, though.

By far the best campground in the area is Rock Crusher Canyon and I recommend it. It's just a few minutes from the heart of town but outside of the congested area.

The Lake Rousseau RV & Fishing Resort is generally not as nice as their website looks, but they have been upgrading the place and I haven't seen it in a couple years. It's usually pretty full - many year around or seasonal residents.  Lake Rousseau 

I was there maybe 15 years ago, but not camping.  The wildlife in the very clear river was amazing.  I still remember the glass bottom boat excursion on the river.  It's the closest thing to a juingle that I've seen.  Very picturesque and worth the trip back then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom