Class A boondocking - 36 days and counting....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good job. We have to dump and get fresh water after 9-10 days but that is with 2 of us and wanting daily showers. I agree this is the perfect time of year for solar though. Not too hot yet, but high angle sun and longer days.

Hi,

That beats our 21 days without solar and just using my genset. Don't you have to dump tanks? The 21 days is two of us.

Hi,

That beats our 21 days without solar and just using my genset. Don't you have to dump tanks? The 21 days is two of us.
There are two of us. We have a 40 gallon portable dump tank, and use the Polaris to take the dump material to a local farm where the farmer lets us dump into his manure pit. No need to move the coach to dump. One of the toilets is an Airhead composting unit, and as I'm the only one using it, it only needs to be emptied about every 6 weeks. The regular toilet blackwater tank only needs to be dumped once a month. Freshwater is obtained from a spigot a few hundred feet away. Again, the Polaris is used to transport ten 5 gallon water containers from the spigot to the coach, where a small electric pump tops off the water tank. Since obtaining water is easy, we're using an average of 10 gallons a day. On the road or when necessary, we cut back to about 5 gallons a day, so the 100 gallon tank lasts a fair amount of time.

Last edited:
Back in 2005, we put 700 watts of solar on our 40-foot motorhome, and the first time we boondocked was for 48 days, with no generator use. We left only because it was too hot and mainly humid to survive without air conditioning, especially if you're trying to sleep. It was a very successful proof of concept.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridger
Back
Top Bottom