Class A & C sales dropped in 2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBar

Surprised to see Class A & C sales dropped when RV sales were up in 2020. Class B sales were up 70% though.

2020 Sales

I think a lot of B class buyers are first time buyers. They typically find out they want a real shower, toilet, bed, bigger tanks, closet and storage. The gas mileage is better but you sure give up a lot and some of them cost twice as much as a C class.

I've driven from Tampa to Cincinnati in 18 hours with our C class which is 1025 miles. That's with walking our dog, getting a bite to eat, stretching my legs. Those Monster Coffee power drinks give you super human strength but then I want to sleep. LOL

It appears the pandemic buyers were first timers (not surprising) and often just looking for an isolated apartment for some high risk family member. Trailers and smaller C's (sometimes called a B+) and B-vans were the big sellers.

I am not surprised. The same thing is happening with cars, due to the COVID and economy.

Although those reports only track NEW sales/purchases. Anecdotally I heard that the used market of RVs, cars, and other similar items were on the rise last year.

Back
Top Bottom