Class A Diesel Service in Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim and Dayl

New to this site but would like to ask if anyone knows of a reputable diesel service company in Florida? Has anyone been to Cummins Diesel in Tampa? Have a 2007 Ambassador and would just like a routine maintenance check.

It doesn't have to be a Cummins dealer,, all "over the road" truck ( Class8 ) repair/maint. places will do your Cummins work, as Cummins has the largest footprint in that world.. Get to know a local maint./repair shop and develop a relationship with them that you can trust.. You will be money ahead..>>>Dan ( As an example,, look up Color Country Diesel Inc. Cedar City, Ut. My favorite.)
( They are also a valuable depository of information when having problems with any of your chassis
components.)

Last edited:
I've been to the Cummins Coach Care center in Ocala. They have a small campground there with electric hookups where you can stay for free. They also work on trucks, but there were mostly coaches being serviced when I was there.

There is also a Freightliner Oasis (RV) shop on the north side of Ocala. They do a greater variety of general diesel chassis work but aren't quite as RV friendly as the Cummins shop. They will typically give priority to their trucking customers.

Cummins Ocala is great; I was there just this week. They've developed quite a motorhome business in no small part because of their friendliness and enthusiasm. Cummins Tampa was fine, but it's been eight years since I was there, so no current thoughts. Ring Power shops (Cat, Allison etc) will do routine service on Cummins. Those name-brand shops will be more expensive.

Also good:
Creative Coach Collision Repair and Design Center in Lakeland, FL is an interior design company for motorhomes. just east of Lakeland
Auto Repair Ocala, FL - Car Service | Walt's Brake & More Ocala
Diesel Engine Repair Central FL | Central Florida Fleet Service | 863-676-7700 east Winter Haven

You might also look up PatRicks in Ocala, just about a mile from Cummins in Ocala. They do good work but are expensive.

Back
Top Bottom