Class A towing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drallen1340

I have a class a Motorhome dp 350hp 10,000 lbs, pulling a 20? enclosed trailer around 6,100 lbs. Should I use my load bars and sway bar?

I have the same set up. I have 40' MH DP and 20 foot enclosed. I choose not to put the load levers on because of the ground clearance. I have been doing this  for at least 10,000 miles and have had no problems. However I am very carful of tongue weight and the gross weights  and how it is disturbed so as not to overload the rear axle on the MH

The general rule is to have 10% of the trailer weight on the tongue. so I have around 700#. I make sure I don't load the rear of the motor home with any extra weight. The best way is to run your MH over a scale when you are loaded.

I have a class a Motorhome dp 350hp 10,000 lbs, pulling a 20? enclosed trailer around 6,100 lbs. Should I use my load bars and sway bar?
Maybe.  The coach suspension may not notice it too much, but your hitch still has a rating for load carrying vs load distribution. The load carrying may be as low as 500 lbs and your 6100 lb trailer woud probably exceed that.  If the load carrying rating is higher, e.g. 750 or 1000 lbs, I wouldn't bother with  the WD bars.

Back
Top Bottom