Class A toy Hauler (car question)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildmark

I like the idea of having a car in the back of a toy hauler, but I don't fancy the idea of getting a Smart car, whats the maximum size the garage portion of class A's are out there, I was hoping you could squeeze something a bit bigger in the back? Our budget is not more than $100k and less than 5 years and I guess were stuck with a puller?

Thank you in advance

Mark

PS First post so be gentle!!!

On that budget I suspect you will be shopping older than 5 years as to larger than a smart car I can't help

Joezeppy said:
My daughter owns a Mitsubishi Mirage hatchback. It's just over 12' long and about 2,000 lbs empty. It's a sardine can but surprisingly roomy inside.

Are there rigs that would take that size car?

Maximum width of a Motor home (And flat bed tow truck) 8.5 feet.  Maximum for other vehicles and I THINK This includes "Portable parking lots" (But not sure) 8' So any car shorter than the "Garage" should fit..

Keep in mind that there is more to it than will it fit length wise, there is also can you get it in and out, some toyhaulers have ramps, some have lifts, both have limitations.  With ramps you have to worry about break over angle, with lifts you have to worry about weight capacity and length of the lift.

With the success we had towing a Honda CRV, I would really suggest you look at towing one of those. Many on this site would agree.

Bill

Also, you may need a sunroof to get out of it once you get it in there.  Of course, you could always have the driver of the car just ride in there until you got to your destination and then back it back out to get out. ;D ;)

I wonder what the seat belt law on that would be.  If you had the seat belt on in the car that was inside the Motorhome does that count?

I think the more I look into this the more I realize I'll have to get a trailer, I'm a car guy and there is no way I'm buying a Smart car!

Here is a car hauler.  It can carry 2 full size cars and a golf cart plus all kinds of tools.

Attachments

• r002.jpg
    r002.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 41
  • r006.jpg
    r006.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 31
  • r021.jpg
    r021.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 31
  • r024.jpg
    r024.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 33
  • rDSCN0499.jpg
    rDSCN0499.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 34
The Damon Outlaw and Newmar Canyon star 3927 are the only 2 toyhauler Class A's... I know of.    I believe they were only designed to haul 'Toys' like Quads and motorcycles.  I'm not sure they can handle the rear axle weight of a real car.

Yes,  You probably could get a Smart Car in one.....but then people will just make fun of you for driving that...  ;D ;D

HueyPilotVN said:
Here is a car hauler.  It can carry 2 full size cars and a golf cart plus all kinds of tools.
Your tire salesman must love you!!!!

How about a FIAT 500? Barely larger that the Smart. Very reliable and nice looking too. Surely a lot smarter than the SMART car.

Bigmau said:
How about a FIAT 500? Barely larger that the Smart. Very reliable and nice looking too. Surely a lot smarter than the SMART car.
Nice looking??? Maybe you should get your eyes checked. Ha ha nice
looking, ha ha. To each his own.

My eyes are fine, thank you. YES, for a small car, it is well designed and yes, it is a very nice looking small car, much better than the SMART. May be you're used to the large gas guzzling cars, but for a small car to use in a toy hauler or may be as a toad, it is ideal...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weat1220
Back
Top Bottom