Class C guess-the-brand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stuntmonkey

Hiya folks,

Lost my old account so had to create a new one. We were recently in Banff, AB and I saw this class c. It's the perfect size for what we have been looking for but it had little to no brand or model names on it, and sadly the owners weren't around.

Appreciate any insight as to what brand it might be!

6NjvNO9.png

Looks pretty generic, a class C body on a Ford van cutaway chassis. Can't tell if the van is a E350 or E450. Maybe an ex-rental model, judging from the lack of brand logo. Around 26-28 ft in length? And one slide? Guessing from the exterior striping, it might be a Dutchmen model.

If that's what you are looking for, every brand of Class C offers a similar model. You can search a site like RVtrader.com with the exact parameters you want, range of years, the class C type, length, slides, etc. Even if you don't find an exact fit, you will get brand & model names for future reference.

Last edited:
Yeah I had a nosey around and didn't see any MFG plates. Probably hiding inside a interior cabinet or something if there was one. Thanks for the tip on the ex-rentals.

I doubt it was a rental, most of those don't have rear ladders. Graphics style looks early 2000's to me,

That ID plate used to be on the driver-side front corner of every travel trailer produced; at some point they switched from metal to a decal with the same look and information.
I think the old 1976 Allegro MH I owned had one too.

I don't see the entry door on the passenger side, pretty unique that way. I don't think I would like to own an RV with the door on the other side. Not very convenient for back in sites.

I don't see the entry door on the passenger side, pretty unique that way. I don't think I would like to own an RV with the door on the other side. Not very convenient for back in sites.

It's just behind the slide. I'm 90% sure it's a 2008 Kensington.

That ID plate used to be on the driver-side front corner of every travel trailer produced; at some point they switched from metal to a decal with the same look and information.
The federal requirements for VIN, weight & tire placards have changed a couple times since the 70's, most recently in 2008, IIRC. And trailers differ from motorhomes, since the chassis has its own vin pre-assigned, with tire and weight placards added later. The motorhome body never has a separate VIN (per federal regs).

The federal requirements for VIN, weight & tire placards have changed a couple times since the 70's, most recently in 2008, IIRC. And trailers differ from motorhomes, since the chassis has its own vin pre-assigned, with tire and weight placards added later. The motorhome body never has a separate VIN (per federal regs).
Gary, my MH does. it has a VIN for the Spartan chassis and a totally separate one for the Winnebago coach, anyway they both state VIN in front of the numbers. The sticker is on the wall to the left of driver chair; It is labeled Federal Tire Placard, and it's not even similar to the one Kirk posted.

True, but on the ones I've had there's a manufacturers equivalent inside the coach, usually near the driver's seat, though it's certainly not a VIN. And, as you say, not the same as on a trailer.
Yes, the federally required placards for tire size and inflation, and finished vehicle weight. And quite possibly one from the coach builder giving a coach serial number that is distinct from the VIN and maybe coach body model and other info.

The point was that none of those would be accessible to a passer-by wondering what make & model coach it is, so any such thing is not going to help answer Stuntmonkey's question.

Back
Top Bottom