Classes of RVs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shayne

With all the new RVs coming available There might be time to rename the classes.  Such as Diesel Toyhauler,. A toyhauler, C toyhauler, and Trailer toyhauler.  With all these different styles out now, people looking for toyhaulers have to look thru thousands of units to locate a toyhauler of their choice.  Sure would make things easier for them should a method be developed.  Just one of my wierd thoughts again.

Gary  This has been on my mind for some time, cause their are so many variations of units.  Of course, They wouldn't possibly think of the buying public, anyu more than engineers think of us. Attitudes are probably the same, cram it in just so it fits and to hell with repairing or replaceing it    It it lasts 3 yrs and then goes haywire, let them buy a new unit, keeps us in the chips.    Then again how many of the RVIA are actually buyers, and how many engineers actually work on their own units.  Worked with Engineers most of my life and always said  if they can work behind a desk then every 18 months they should have to work 6 months in the field, actually working on their own projects,  Same with RVIA members.  Well we know that just plain old AIn't going to fly.  I'm going to try to contact them just for the mell of it.  Never hurts to try.  And for sure I'm not ashamed to speak my view as has been well documented time and time again.  I've had conversation with a people a lot more important in this country than them, but not about this subject.

Tom and Gary  Well I did send a letter to RVIA and you will find a copy in your emails.  Thought it best to notifiy yo rather than posting what I wrote.  I feel it would make for a great thread, but than I've been wrong man many times so what do I know.

Shayne said:
With all the new RVs coming available There might be time to rename the classes.? ?Such as Diesel Toyhauler,. A toyhauler, C toyhauler, and Trailer toyhauler.? ?With all these different styles out now, people looking for toyhaulers have to look thru thousands of units to locate a toyhauler of their choice.? ?Sure would make things easier for them should a method be developed.? Just one of my wierd thoughts again.

Well there is one maker of medium truck based motorhomes (Class-Cs on steroids) that came up with a simple idea -- garage motorhomes.  Click HERE to see. 

Garage travel trailers, garage motorhomes, garage fifth wheels.  Seems cool to me.

Way cool. Now if we could just get sufficient living space. Let's see -- 40 feet of living space plus maybe 19 feet of garage, is only a 59 footer. Whaddaya say?

59 feet!  For that length you would want something that bends in the middle.  Maybe 40' plus a trailer.  I suspect one of those bad boys could would have a pretty good tow rating.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom