Cleaning front windows on Class A MH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grooving grandpa

I use "Sprayway" and Napa's "Mac's 8100 class cleaner and have never had a problem. My rig is storage near a Hydro electric gas fuel power station. After sitting in storage there is run off from my roof that leaves very caked dirty looking streaks. I wash windows with a wet sponge (no soap) first and then use cleaner. Cannot get all streaks out. Any suggestions
Thanks Lou

You might try CLR. I'm not sure if your situation is the same as ours - we live in farm country and the industrial irrigation near us has a lot of mineral in the water which leaves streaks. CLR works great for us. Hope it helps.

You can use cleaners that are a bit more aggressive if it's mineral or other deposits from the runoff. CLR would be one, or an abrasive cleaner like Comet or Ajax on a damp sponge would be something to try. Rinse well, then use a non-streak window cleaner for the final wipe.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Might start with a simple vinegar and water solution in a spray bottle, a gentle kitchen scrub pad. It should work similar to CLR, a lot cheaper. I also start off cleaning my house windows this way, then the windex.

You may have to use a rubbing compound or glass polish if CLR won't do it.

Mac's 8100 is for dirt & grease, but isn't an abrasive type polish. Ask at the NAPA store for a product that will remove paint overspray from glass, e.g. MartinSenour TECnique.

When the windshield of my car gets bad, I use ooooo steel wool. If you can’t find it use oooo steel wool. Takes off all the bugs and anything else on it.

Might start with a simple vinegar and water solution in a spray bottle, a gentle kitchen scrub pad. It should work similar to CLR, a lot cheaper. I also start off cleaning my house windows this way, then the windex.
I went over the windows a day later with sprayway again. It did a much better job the second time. I will try the vinegar and water solution next time. I do have a can of CLR at last resort.
Every ones post has been very helpful
Thanks again
Lou

I would try mild vinegar solution first, clean up and dilute any dripping with lots of water, (will breakdown waxed surfaces).
Fine steel wool, ooo/0000 is my second method, then clean with Inviglass with micro cloth.
Some guys swear newspaper is the best choice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom