Cleaning Products

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FitzGerald Family

We have just graduated to a TT and I was wondering if I could use normal housesold products in cleaning the bathroom; sink, tub, and toilet and the kitchen sink?  Will they damage the grey/black tanks?  The tub or toilet?  ???  Thanks.

Shawn

Be careful of products containing abrasives or bleaches.  We have found that stuff like 409 works just fine.  Most folks around here use only water in either of the gray or black tanks.  No chemistry.

In camp with hookups, you can leave the gray water open to the sewer, but the black tank should stay closed until it is at least 2/3s full.  When 2/3s full dump the black tank (close the gray).  The turbulance of the water in an almost full tank act to purge out blockages and carry out solids.

I'm guessing you have plastic/fiberglass sinks and commode. Avoid abrasives (e.g. Comet) but most any other product should be fine.  If you must use a drain cleaner, get a product that is safe for septic tanks, use sparingly and flush well afterwards. 

For the toilet I use one of those plastic handles with the disposable cleaning heads that has soap in it.  Just don't flush the disposable part.  We just purchased our new used motorhome, and I cleaned it from top to bottom with Clorox Wipes.  I sure wish I had taken a moment to buy some Clorox stock before I started that project.  I wiped every surface, cleaned out all cabinets and even scrubbed the vinyl flooring with the wipes.  I tried Clorox spray cleaner on the mini blinds in the yard, and the patterned color started melting off.  :'(  I'm not a Martha, but I wanted to start as fresh as possible without other people's cooties.  I think Windex is still the best for cleaning windows and mirrors without streaking.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom