Clear20 carbon block incoming water filter - good? bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

Clear2O CRV2006 RV and Marine Inline Water Filter. Looking for pros/cons on this incoming water filter. It is a 1um carbon block filter rather than the typical granulated carbon filter. Main complaint I have seen is about water pressure drop through the filter.

I have one we have used it on a couple of short trips and I would say yes it does effect the pressure some.
I'm not sure about drinking water taste as we put that thru a Berkey

As noted carbon BLOCK filters reduce pressure.
They are, however, more effective than granulated at removing what they are designed to remove.

IT's a trade. what do you want. If it's taste and odor. granulated is often enough
if it's specific contaminants.. Block is often better.

Any inline filter will decrease the flow rate of water and as such it lowers pressure pressure for that reason. It does not change the static pressure at all. The issue is flow rate and while a carbon block has more affect than granular, both do so as they collect sediment from the water. From experience I have learned that a far better solution is to go with a whole house designed filter because they have far higher flow capability than does any inline filter. The design or each makes the reason quite evident.
41gCn1owAPL._AC_SR160,160_.jpg
41jvUIIme6L._AC_SR160,160_.jpg

With the whole house type of water filter you have a very wide range of filter cartridges available for different filtering abilities and much better flow rates.

I used to use the blue Camco filter. I use the water from my tank for drinking, cooking etc. I purchase filtered water from machines to use to make coffee. About 18 months ago I decided to try the Clear20 filter. It filters much smaller particles than the Camco. The improvement in the taste of the water was quite noticeable. I continued using the Clear20 and no longer buy filtered water to make coffee. It is definitely worth the extra cost to me.

Back
Top Bottom