Clearance light problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bounder Paul

Hello everyone,
I was searching the Web for a solution to a problem I am having with my 97 Bounder clearance lights and came across your platform so thought I would give it a try.

My problem started while replacing several of the front-rear and side marker lights which was going along fine until I tried to replace the last one on the front and lost power to all the others.  The headlights and signal lights are fine but no park or marker lights anymore.

I have checked the fuse and it seems fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions Ii could try.

Cheers,
Bounder Paul

Paul,
When I replaced my Fleetwood clearance lights all of the grounds were daisy chained together.  If you lose one of the connections you lose the ground for all of them.  I would start with the last one you did and verify ground is present by measuring resistance from the engine batteries negative terminal to the lights ground point.  Since the problem started right after you worked on that light the problem is probably there.  Also pull that fuse and measure its resistance as well.  Sometimes they look good but are fried in a manner not obvious.  The lack of parking lights would lend me to question that fuse as parking lights usually have there own grounds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom